Is there a way to send this (web) page with its web site URL link only and without attaching its actual web page?

Ant

May 13, 2023, 9:38:30β€―PM5/13/23
Hello,

I like to share web site links via/through e-mails with SeaMonkey's
right click menu's send this page option. However, I don't want to send
the actual web page. Just the link only. Is there a way to do it when
right clicking on a web site's web page? I know I can copy and paste,
but that is slower. :P

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)
--
"Set a guard over my mouth, O LORD; keep watch over the door of my lips." --Psalm 141:3. Lakers! Now, they need to eat up those chicken Nuggets NBA fever & aches continue. :) Ma's Day eve!
| |o o| |

David E. Ross

May 14, 2023, 12:54:24β€―AM5/14/23
On 5/13/2023 6:36 PM, Ant wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I like to share web site links via/through e-mails with SeaMonkey's
> right click menu's send this page option. However, I don't want to send
> the actual web page. Just the link only. Is there a way to do it when
> right clicking on a web site's web page? I know I can copy and paste,
> but that is slower. :P
>
> Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

SeaMonkey 2.53.16

Try [File > Send Link] on the menu bar.

My default E-mail is Thunderbird 52.9.1 (an old version), not SeaMonkey
itself. I just tried it. I got a compose message window with the first
line of the message body showing the URI for SeaMonkey's current Web
page. I noticed that the URI was not bracketed with < and >, which
really should be added manually.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Beyond Meat, Impossible Meat, and other such meat substitutes
represent the ultimate in ultra-processed foods, which my doctor
told me to avoid. Real meat is natural. Beyond Meat and
Impossible Meat are definitely not natural.

Ralph Fox

May 14, 2023, 3:07:53β€―AM5/14/23
On Sun, 14 May 2023 01:36:31 +0000, Ant wrote:

> Is there a way to send this (web) page with its web site URL link only and without attaching its actual web page?

Yes. Use SeaMonkey's File menu option "File >> Send Link...".

> I like to share web site links via/through e-mails with SeaMonkey's
> right click menu's send this page option. However, I don't want to send
> the actual web page. Just the link only. Is there a way to do it when
> right clicking on a web site's web page? I know I can copy and paste,
> but that is slower. :P

It appears the right-click menu's "Send This Page..." option works
like the File menu's "File >> Send Page...", not like the File menu's
"File >> Send Link...".

I don't know of an easy way to change the right-click menu's action or
add a right-click "Send Link..." option.

But using "File >> Send Link..." will be faster than copy and paste ☺️.

> Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

--
Kind regards
Ralph

𒉺𒇻 π’ƒΆ π’…Ž π’‹« π’€Š 𒇯𒁺 π’‰ˆ π’€€
𒇻 π’‰Œ π’‹— π’€€ π’‡· π’‰ˆ π’…” π’„„

Ant

May 14, 2023, 3:32:47β€―AM5/14/23
In netscape.public.mozilla.seamonkey David E. Ross <nob...@nowhere.invalid> wrote:
> On 5/13/2023 6:36 PM, Ant wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I like to share web site links via/through e-mails with SeaMonkey's
> > right click menu's send this page option. However, I don't want to send
> > the actual web page. Just the link only. Is there a way to do it when
> > right clicking on a web site's web page? I know I can copy and paste,
> > but that is slower. :P
> >
> > Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)
> >

> SeaMonkey 2.53.16

> Try [File > Send Link] on the menu bar.

> My default E-mail is Thunderbird 52.9.1 (an old version), not SeaMonkey
> itself. I just tried it. I got a compose message window with the first
> line of the message body showing the URI for SeaMonkey's current Web
> page. I noticed that the URI was not bracketed with < and >, which
> really should be added manually.

Oh wow. I never noticed that option before. Thanks. I wished it had a
hot key or a right click option on current web page though! My SM did
include < and >.

--
"Set a guard over my mouth, O LORD; keep watch over the door of my lips." --Psalm 141:3. Lakers! Now, they need to eat up those chicken Nuggets. NBA fever & aches continue. :) Ma's Day eve!

Ant

May 14, 2023, 3:39:05β€―AM5/14/23
In netscape.public.mozilla.seamonkey Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid> wrote:
> On Sun, 14 May 2023 01:36:31 +0000, Ant wrote:

> > Is there a way to send this (web) page with its web site URL link only and without attaching its actual web page?

> Yes. Use SeaMonkey's File menu option "File >> Send Link...".

> > I like to share web site links via/through e-mails with SeaMonkey's
> > right click menu's send this page option. However, I don't want to send
> > the actual web page. Just the link only. Is there a way to do it when
> > right clicking on a web site's web page? I know I can copy and paste,
> > but that is slower. :P

> It appears the right-click menu's "Send This Page..." option works
> like the File menu's "File >> Send Page...", not like the File menu's
> "File >> Send Link...".

> I don't know of an easy way to change the right-click menu's action or
> add a right-click "Send Link..." option.

> But using "File >> Send Link..." will be faster than copy and paste ??????.

Or better, a hot key. Is there a way to assign one?
--
"Set a guard over my mouth, O LORD; keep watch over the door of my lips." --Psalm 141:3. Lakers! Now, they need to eat up those chicken Nuggets. NBA fever & aches continue. :) Ma's Day eve!

Richard Owlett

May 14, 2023, 5:29:18β€―AM5/14/23
On 05/13/2023 11:52 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
> On 5/13/2023 6:36 PM, Ant wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I like to share web site links via/through e-mails with SeaMonkey's
>> right click menu's send this page option. However, I don't want to send
>> the actual web page. Just the link only. Is there a way to do it when
>> right clicking on a web site's web page? I know I can copy and paste,
>> but that is slower. :P
>>
>> Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)
>>

> SeaMonkey 2.53.16
>
> Try [File > Send Link] on the menu bar.
> [SNIP]

I've got one machine with 2.53.16 and one with 2.49.4 .
On both machines it is an almost perfect solution for my needs.

I'm working on a problem and have multiple pages open in tabs.
It opens a new email for each page clicked.
I want it to insert the link at the current cursor location of current
email being composed.

The closest I've come is to:
1. "Bookmark this group of tabs"
2. in the Bookmarks menu, right click on the folder just created
3. chose "Copy"
4. paste that into my email being composed

That has two primary problems:
A. possibly duplicate bookmarks for same URL
B. the references may not be in the appropriate order for the
email's context

Comments/suggestions?
TIA

alexyu

May 16, 2023, 3:05:01β€―PM5/16/23
Ant wrote, on 13 May 23 22:36:

> I like to share web site links via/through e-mails with SeaMonkey's
> right click menu's send this page option. However, I don't want to send
> the actual web page. Just the link only. Is there a way to do it when
> right clicking on a web site's web page? I know I can copy and paste,
> but that is slower. :P

There's a 2016 (xul/xpi legacy) extension which does exactly that:

Email This! Bookmarklet Extension

> Email This! will send your recipient the link, title, and a selected
> summary of the webpage you are viewing.

You can choose the 'sending' program, too.

I don't know exactly where you can find it now, but I'm using v.2.3.0.1,
and it works fine with SM 2.49.5 AND FF 56.

--
Best,

s) alexyu

Ant

May 17, 2023, 12:45:09β€―AM5/17/23
If you still have that XPI file, maybe you can share it. However, will it work in the v2.53.16?
--
"Do not withhold good from those who deserve it, when it is in your power to act." --Proverbs 3:27. Bad Tuesday with Lakers & colony. :(

alexyu

May 18, 2023, 8:47:33β€―PM5/18/23

https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-us/seamonkey/addon/email-this/

> GENERAL INFORMATION
> Email This! will send your recipient the link, title, & highlighted
> text of the page you are viewing using GMail, Google Apps GMail,
> Yahoo, and Stand-Alone Mail Clients like Outlook Express,
> Thunderbird, & More!
>
> Email This is compatible with SeaMonkey and the eMusic Remote!
>
> Install
> After downloading (and restarting Firefox), Go to
> VIEW>TOOLBARS>CUSTOMIZE and drag the email-this button of your choice
> icon/button to the tool bar. You can also use the Right-click/context
> menu or hotkeys
>
> IMPORTANT NOTICE
> The source code for Email This! is available on GitHub.
> I am no longer updating this add-on with new features or fixing any
> currently existing feature that malfunctions.
> I will still update the extension to be compatible with future
> versions of Firefox.

That's one of the possible reasons I'm still on 2.49.5: Many browsers
have similar functions, but none like this.

If it does work in 2.53, that would be encouraging!

--
Best,

s) alexyu

Ant

May 19, 2023, 1:48:07β€―AM5/19/23

SM said it couldn't be installed because it wasn't compatible with v2.53.16. :(
--
"Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people." --Isaiah 10:1-2. Apple software update and go Lakers day again!

Barryedwin1

May 19, 2023, 1:50:18β€―AM5/19/23
alexyu wrote on 19/5/23 8:47 am:
I'm getting bounced on all versions ~
Linux x86_64; SeaMonkey/2.53.17 20230502210005
Even SeaMonkey won't accept it ~ says it's incompatible with my version
of SeaMonkey. Barry

Ant

May 19, 2023, 2:02:30β€―AM5/19/23
Same. :(
--
"Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people." --Isaiah 10:1-2. Apple software update and go Lakers day again!

Dave Yeo

May 19, 2023, 10:42:31β€―AM5/19/23
Ant wrote:
>>> If you still have that XPI file, maybe you can share it. However, will it work in the v2.53.16?
>> https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-us/seamonkey/addon/email-this/
>
> SM said it couldn't be installed because it wasn't compatible with v2.53.16.

Try changing the minimum version in install.rdf, it is currently
something like 2.1a1, ancient.
Dave

Dirk Fieldhouse

May 21, 2023, 12:08:06β€―PM5/21/23
On 19/05/2023 07:02, Ant wrote:
> In netscape.public.mozilla.seamonkey Barryedwin1 <barryedw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> alexyu wrote on 19/5/23 8:47 am:
>...>
>>> https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-us/seamonkey/addon/email-this/
>...>
>>>
>>> If it does work in 2.53, that would be encouraging!

I installed it in 2.53.16 (obvs, overriding the compatibility checks).
The Addons Manager complained but after restarting the bottom item in
the EmailThis!>... context menu opened a New Message window with the
selected text. Using the Addon converter
<http://addonconverter.fotokraina.com/> should improve the compatibility
experience.

/df

--
London
UK

meagain

May 21, 2023, 5:56:57β€―PM5/21/23
> I like to share web site links via/through e-mails with SeaMonkey's
> right click menu's send this page option. However, I don't want to send
> the actual web page. Just the link only. Is there a way to do it when
> right clicking on a web site's web page? I know I can copy and paste,
> but that is slower. :P
>
> Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

When I use SM to "send link" I see web page attached as a file (so I
delete that) and the message body contains the HTML link. Isn't that
what you want?

--
.

Ant

May 21, 2023, 7:26:07β€―PM5/21/23
Yes, but I don't want to manually delete the file attachment. I just wanted not to include it automatically. :)

--
"In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now." --Philippians 1:4-5. Quiet warm weekend with 8.8h of Z & biological bugs! Lakers suck like Celtics. :P

Barryedwin1

May 22, 2023, 6:22:12β€―AM5/22/23
Dirk Fieldhouse wrote on 22/5/23 12:05 am:
Thanks Dirk.
<https://addons.thunderbird.net/seamonkey/downloads/latest/email-this/addon-3102-latest.xpi?src=dp-btn-primary>
via <http://addonconverter.fotokraina.com/> works as advertised.

Add-on doesn't highlight the link as a <link> (or a blue-link if in
HTML-compose email).
SeaMonkey's File/Send_Link menu opens "Compose Mail" window with title
and link as a complete <link> with arrows (or a blue-link if in
HTML-compose email).

One still has to highlight the selected-text for the add-on, which one
does anyway for copy/paste. With a mouse, the only extra step for me, is
to push the middle mouse-button to paste that text.
I guess for me, this add-on is overkill. Barry.

Dirk Fieldhouse

May 22, 2023, 11:22:49β€―AM5/22/23
On 22/05/2023 11:22, Barryedwin1 wrote:
>...>
> I guess for me, this add-on is overkill. Barry.

Yes, I couldn't see the point.

/df

--
London
UK

Ant

May 22, 2023, 1:34:14β€―PM5/22/23
In alt.comp.software.seamonkey Dirk Fieldhouse <sur...@gmx.net.plusremovethisandtherest.example.com> wrote:
> On 22/05/2023 11:22, Barryedwin1 wrote:
> >...>
> > I guess for me, this add-on is overkill. Barry.

> Yes, I couldn't see the point.

Yeah, I decided not to use this. I'll just use alt+f and then d keys. I
can do them fast now on my clicky keyboard.
--
"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." --Acts 1:8. Quiet warm weekend with a lot of Z, biological bugs, watching, & eyePhone gaming. Lakers & Celtics suck again. :P