Google Grupper har inte längre stöd för nya Usenet-inlägg eller -prenumerationer. Historiskt innehåll förblir synligt.

Seems like.........

1 visning

🐴 Mr. Ed 🐴

oläst,
7 apr. 2021 12:31:132021-04-07
till
Seems like I can only post in this group using news or nntp.aioe.org
Won't let me post in mozilla,support.seamonkey alt.comp.software/seamonkey
mozilla.test.multimedia or mozilla,.test

What am I doing wrong?

--
"This is America! You can't make a horse
testify against himself!" -Mister Ed

Richmond

oläst,
7 apr. 2021 12:43:052021-04-07
till
🐴 Mr. Ed 🐴 wrote:
> Seems like I can only post in this group using news or nntp.aioe.org
> Won't let me post in mozilla,support.seamonkey alt.comp.software/seamonkey
> mozilla.test.multimedia or mozilla,.test
>
> What am I doing wrong?

You posted on Sunday in alt.comp.software.seamonkey

What happens when you try to post? Do you get errors?

Rob Steinmetz

oläst,
7 apr. 2021 14:43:292021-04-07
till
🐴 Mr. Ed 🐴 wrote:
> Seems like I can only post in this group using news or nntp.aioe.org
> Won't let me post in mozilla,support.seamonkey alt.comp.software/seamonkey
> mozilla.test.multimedia or mozilla,.test
>
> What am I doing wrong?

I believe the mozilla groups are read only except on the mozilla server.
The netscape groups aren't.

Andrew

oläst,
7 apr. 2021 15:41:012021-04-07
till
Correctamente, although I'm not sure if Google Groups can't also write
there.

David E. Ross

oläst,
7 apr. 2021 15:42:442021-04-07
till
On 4/7/2021 9:31 AM, 🐴 Mr. Ed 🐴 wrote:
> Seems like I can only post in this group using news or nntp.aioe.org
> Won't let me post in mozilla,support.seamonkey alt.comp.software/seamonkey
> mozilla.test.multimedia or mozilla,.test
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Change the virgule (/) in alt.comp.software/seamonkey to a period.

Also, new posts still appeared this morning in mozilla.support.seamonkey
(not mozilla,support.seamonkey with a comma) on the news.mozilla.org
server as of 7:39 AM Pacific time.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com>

While a "vaccination passport" to prove someone has been
vaccinated against COVID-19 seems to be a good idea, most
concepts involve smart phones. What about those of us
who have been vaccinated but do not have a smart phone?

🐴 Mr. Ed 🐴

oläst,
7 apr. 2021 19:44:042021-04-07
till
Get the following 'Alert Messages"

A News (NNTP) error occurred: Postings to "mozilla.test" are not allowed here
&
Sending of the message failed.
The message could not be posted because connecting to the news server failed.
The server may be unavailable or is refusing connections. Please verify that
your news server settings are correct and try again

🐴 Mr. Ed 🐴

oläst,
7 apr. 2021 19:47:072021-04-07
till
On 4/7/2021 3:42 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
> On 4/7/2021 9:31 AM, 🐴 Mr. Ed 🐴 wrote:
>> Seems like I can only post in this group using news or nntp.aioe.org
>> Won't let me post in mozilla,support.seamonkey alt.comp.software/seamonkey
>> mozilla.test.multimedia or mozilla,.test
>>
>> What am I doing wrong?
>>

> Change the virgule (/) in alt.comp.software/seamonkey to a period.
>
> Also, new posts still appeared this morning in mozilla.support.seamonkey
> (not mozilla,support.seamonkey with a comma) on the news.mozilla.org
> server as of 7:39 AM Pacific time.

the slash was a mistype - should read closer with carpal tunnel

Richmond

oläst,
8 apr. 2021 11:56:532021-04-08
till
You cannot post to mozilla.test from server news.aioe.org, you have to
post from server news.mozilla.org, but that server is going away soon
anyway so you might as well use a different test group like
netscape.public.test assuming that will survive.

Rob Steinmetz

oläst,
9 apr. 2021 13:28:582021-04-09
till
I have a legacy news account through earthlink, unfortunately even
though it appears to be giganews, they say they aren't allowing new
users access and aren't adding any new groups.

alt.comp.software.seamonkey is not carried (yet)?

Andy Burns

oläst,
9 apr. 2021 14:20:142021-04-09
till
Rob Steinmetz wrote:

> I have a legacy news account through earthlink, unfortunately even
> though it appears to be giganews, they say they aren't allowing new
> users access and aren't adding any new groups.
>
> alt.comp.software.seamonkey is not carried (yet)?

I've asked giganews (both directly, and via my ISP who sub-out their
news server to them) for the three new groups. Got a reply that they
already carry the groups, I replied that they didn't, they have a page
where you can check their grouplist

so I've tried again that way

<https://www.giganews.com/newsgroup_search.html?group=lists>

Don Spam's Reckless Son

oläst,
10 apr. 2021 07:25:172021-04-10
till
Did you refresh the list?

Manage newsgroup subscriptions -> the "Refresh" button on the right.

--
spammo ergo sum, viruses courtesy of https://www.nsa.gov/malware/

Andy Burns

oläst,
10 apr. 2021 07:58:412021-04-10
till
Don Spam's Reckless Son wrote:

> Andy Burns wrote:
>
>> Rob Steinmetz wrote:
>>
>>> alt.comp.software.seamonkey is not carried (yet)?
>>
>> I've asked giganews (both directly, and via my ISP who sub-out their
>> news server to them) for the three new groups.  Got a reply that they
>> already carry the groups, I replied that they didn't

I did ...

Do you see the new groups either on that web page, or in your news
client (if you use giganews)?

🐴 Mr. Ed 🐴

oläst,
10 apr. 2021 10:44:212021-04-10
till
Back to news.mozilla.org

Ant

oläst,
10 apr. 2021 16:18:042021-04-10
till
On 4/10/2021 7:44 AM, 🐴 Mr. Ed 🐴 wrote:
> Back to news.mozilla.org

Woah, it works again for me. :D
--
<1 wk. 2 get Moderna shot #2.
this signature correctly.
| |o o| | Axe ANT from its address if shown & e-mailing privately.
\ _ / Please kindly use Ant nickname & URL/link if crediting.
( )

Daniel65

oläst,
11 apr. 2021 02:55:562021-04-11
till
Ant wrote on 11/4/21 6:18 am:
> On 4/10/2021 7:44 AM, 🐴 Mr. Ed 🐴 wrote:
>> Back to news.mozilla.org
>
> Woah, it works again for me. :D

It's worked all along for me!! ;-P
--
Daniel

Andrew

oläst,
11 apr. 2021 03:53:462021-04-11
till
My client is aioe and I joined the Seamonkey group there a week ago today.

Rob

oläst,
11 apr. 2021 12:10:052021-04-11
till
Who is your ISP?

Andy Burns

oläst,
11 apr. 2021 12:25:132021-04-11
till
Rob wrote:

> Who is your ISP?

Plusnet in the UK (owned by British Telecom) but they outsource news to
giganews

nslookup news.plus.net

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: europe.isp.giganews.com
Address: 216.166.105.145
Aliases: news.plus.net
usenet.plus.net

David E. Ross

oläst,
11 apr. 2021 14:09:282021-04-11
till
If mozilla.support.seamonkey no longer works on
news.mozilla.org, please use alt.comp.software.seamonkey
and not netscape.public.mozilla.seamonkey.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Rob

oläst,
11 apr. 2021 15:15:182021-04-11
till
I have earthlink in the US and they have moved usenet/news to a legacy
status. New users don't get access but old users like me do, they also
say they aren't adding any new newsgroups.

The outsourced to giganews but seem to have changed to supernews;

U:\>nslookup news.east.earthlink.net

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: earthlink.us.supernews.com
Address: 216.168.4.170
Aliases: news.east.earthlink.net
nntp.earthlink.net
earthlink.vsrv-sjc.supernews.net

U:\>nslookup news.west.earthlink.net

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: earthlink.us.supernews.com
Address: 216.168.4.170
Aliases: news.west.earthlink.net
nntp.earthlink.net
earthlink.vsrv-sjc.supernews.net

Anyone know if supernews is carrying the new alt.comp.software.seamonkey
group?
I don't see it in my list which I refreshed a little while ago.

Andy Burns

oläst,
11 apr. 2021 16:06:212021-04-11
till
Rob wrote:

> Anyone know if supernews is carrying the new
> alt.comp.software.seamonkey group?
I've been keeping an eye on which servers appear in path: headers,
here's the list as of a couple of days ago, not seen supernews

aioe.org
mixmin.net
neodome.net
eternal-september.org
pasdenom.info
dns-netz.com
freedyn.net
netcologne.de
fu-berlin.de
uni-berlin.de
individual.net
uzoreto.com
usenet.farm
netnews.com
alt.net
goja.nl.eu.org
erje.net
usenetexpress.com
xs4all.nl
xlned.com
highwinds-media.com
weretis.net
ping.de
neva.ru
panix
proxad.net
ecngs.de
tnetconsulting.net
usenet.ee
in-berlin.de
bgeserver.de
bgepartei.de
open-news-network.org

> David E. Ross wrote:
>
>> If mozilla.support.seamonkey no longer works on
>> news.mozilla.org, please use alt.comp.software.seamonkey
>> and not netscape.public.mozilla.seamonkey.

I'm only replying where I see people posting, as the proponent of the
new a.c.s. groups, but of course I'd like to see people using them ...

Rob Steinmetz

oläst,
13 apr. 2021 10:24:112021-04-13
till
Thanks for the info.

I'd love to join those groups but at the present I can't unless someone
can point me to a free server that carries it.

Also giganews is not on your list are they carrying the new groups?

Richmond

oläst,
13 apr. 2021 10:40:322021-04-13
till
Rob Steinmetz wrote:
> Thanks for the info.
>
> I'd love to join those groups but at the present I can't unless someone
> can point me to a free server that carries it.

news.aioe.org

Andy Burns

oläst,
13 apr. 2021 11:03:382021-04-13
till
Rob Steinmetz wrote:

> I'd love to join those groups but at the present I can't unless someone
> can point me to a free server that carries it.

eternal-september, aioe or neodome

> Also giganews is not on your list are they carrying the new groups?

I asked, they said they already carry them, they're mistaken, I've asked
again ...

Andy Burns

oläst,
13 apr. 2021 11:11:222021-04-13
till
Andy Burns wrote:

> not seen supernews

have now been requested

Rob

oläst,
13 apr. 2021 14:25:012021-04-13
till
Thanks Guys,

Does anyone know if Cox residential, Comcast Business or ATT Business
Fiber include News Feed in their service?
0 nya meddelanden