1.5alpha branched / trunk open for 1.5beta

L. David Baron

Jul 11, 2003, 4:38:45 PM7/11/03
to mozilla-...@mozilla.org

Drivers have decided to cut a branch for 1.5alpha, which is somewhat out
of keeping with alpha/beta tradition. The branch is now cut, and the
trunk is open for 1.5beta checkins.

The idea of this branch is that what's currently on the branch (i.e.,
Friday morning's builds) should be acceptable as the 1.5alpha release.
However, we want to let the installer fixes that we just took (bugs
198081 and 210731) bake for a few days to make sure they're OK, and we
want to do this without holding the trunk hostage. Furthermore, today
isn't the best day to do the release since Asa, who usually does a lot
of the work to make releases happen, is not available today. :-)

Drivers may take a few additional patches on the branch, but the
approval criteria will be quite strict since the branch probably won't
be getting much (if any) testing.

-David

--
L. David Baron <URL: http://dbaron.org/ >

Colin Blake

Jul 14, 2003, 6:21:30 AM7/14/03
What is going to get released as 1.5 alpha? The suite? Or are we meant
to be releasing the birds now?

I know I'm a remote contributor, but sometimes I feel very remote!

Michael Lefevre

Jul 14, 2003, 7:17:25 AM7/14/03
In article <betvml$jt...@ripley.netscape.com>, Colin Blake wrote:
> What is going to get released as 1.5 alpha? The suite? Or are we meant
> to be releasing the birds now?

The suite. If you want to keep up with news, http://www.mozillazine.org/
is good for doing that - in particular, have a look at the article on the
freeze for 1.5a and the comments that follow it.

--
Michael

Michael Kremser

Jul 14, 2003, 12:31:33 PM7/14/03
Benedikt Kantus wrote:

> There are only 10 types of people in the world:
> Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I think you mean "Those who understand binary _digits_ and those who
don't." Right?

Best regards,

Michael

--
Michael Kremser

begin LOVE-LETTER-FOR-EVERYONE.TXT
http://piology.org/ILOVEYOU-Signature-FAQ.html
business http://www.earthtv.com/
private http://great.dynu.com/
end

Benedikt Kantus

Jul 14, 2003, 12:28:02 PM7/14/03

> What is going to get released as 1.5 alpha? The suite? Or are we meant
> to be releasing the birds now?

The Seamonkey suite.

-Bene

Benedikt Kantus

Jul 14, 2003, 1:12:27 PM7/14/03

>>There are only 10 types of people in the world:
>> Those who understand binary and those who don't.
>

> I think you mean "Those who understand binary _digits_ and those who
> don't." Right?

Actually, this is a quote from a thinkgeek shirt. I just took the exact
phrase. But the way I see things, "binary" can also be used alone, at
least in technical language.

Look at http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/frustrations/5aa9/

-Bene