starting Seamonkey without Mail/News?

Martina

Jul 10, 2020, 11:35:41 AM7/10/20
Hi

I'm using Seamonkey 2.49.5 portable

How can I start Seamonkey without Mail/News?
or
Can I install the install version without Mail/News?

THX

user1

Jul 14, 2020, 9:36:01 AM7/14/20
Menu-bar -> Edit
-> Preferences...
Preferences-dialog -> Appearance (Left-hand column)
-> "When Seamonkey starts up, open" fieldset
-> Check or uncheck as desired
ie. uncheck "mail & Newsgroups"

I hope that is the right solution to the problem! :-)

Giulia

Jul 17, 2020, 3:54:52 PM7/17/20
Martina ha scritto:
> Hi

> Can I install the install version without Mail/News?

Yes, it's called firefox.

G.

Denis Beauregard

Jul 17, 2020, 7:08:36 PM7/17/20
On Fri, 17 Jul 2020 21:54:47 +0200, Giulia
<far...@iperbole.bologna.it> wrote in
netscape.public.mozilla.seamonkey:
This is not the same thing.

- There are now some sites that will work with FF but not SM
- SM has a web page editor (my reason to keep it)
- Each new version of SM seems to be downgraded. Fearing.

Denis

--
Denis Beauregard - généalogiste émérite (FQSG)
Les Français d'Amérique du Nord - http://www.francogene.com/gfan/gfan/998/

user1

Jul 20, 2020, 4:46:22 PM7/20/20
I can rely on SeaMonkey for pretty much everything I need to do online.

Composer works well once I got used to it. Depends on what you want I
guess. Simplicity can be good.

If only I could log-on to eBay it would be perfect.

Why does that not work anymore? Bah! ;-)

Slugracing

Aug 30, 2020, 10:53:09 AM8/30/20
Works for me SM 2.53

user1

Sep 3, 2020, 9:50:00 PM9/3/20

I just tried again; the problem seems to be when I complete the CAPTCHA
stuff - clicking all the images etc.

I try so many times that I'm sure I've got it right - but then I get a
prompt saying:

"To display this page, the application must send information that will
repeat any action (such as a search or order confirmation) that was
performed earlier."

If I click CANCEL, nothing happens and I have to repeat the process forever.

If I click RESEND, the page refreshes and I have to repeat the process
forever.

BTW: I can successfully log-in using other browsers.

Version 2.53.3 at the moment, but I think I've had the same problem in
the last few revisions at least.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

user1

Sep 3, 2020, 10:02:05 PM9/3/20
user1 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just tried again; the problem seems to be when I complete the CAPTCHA
> stuff - clicking all the images etc.
>
> I try so many times that I'm sure I've got it right - but then I get a
> prompt saying:
>
> "To display this page, the application must send information that will
> repeat any action (such as a search or order confirmation) that was
> performed earlier."
>
> If I click CANCEL, nothing happens and I have to repeat the process forever.
>
> If I click RESEND, the page refreshes and I have to repeat the process
> forever.
>
> BTW: I can successfully log-in using other browsers.
>
> Version 2.53.3 at the moment, but I think I've had the same problem in
> the last few revisions at least.
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks

BTW: I tried it in SAFE-MODE - no difference.

Bert Hickman

Sep 18, 2020, 8:05:06 PM9/18/20
Have you tried setting Preferences > Privacy and Security > Cookies, and
set SM to allow all cookies and accept coolies normally? If cookies
aren't working, most websites will send you to the Captcha to verify
that you're not a bot...