Present: mitchell, scc, gerv, myk, dbaron, jst, ben, asa, bart,
*CVS over SSH update*
- scc still trying to get in touch with SourceForge
- This doesn't seem too hard to do
- May just write docs and go ahead
*1.6 beta update*
- We were all ready to go on Thursday, but...
- Hit a problem with Linux build machine, build not working on RH 8
- Leaf is sick and so can't fix it
- Current build is RH9 only, which we can't ship
- Drivers no longer confident about a final release before Christmas,
but still shooting for 22nd or 23rd.
- Talkback is still in the works
- Shiva was here last Friday doing a test installation
- We may not be quite there on licensing yet
- We need another piece of hardware; myk is getting quotes
- Hope to have the hardware by the end of the week
*Mozilla Firebird 0.8 update*
- The plan is for 0.8 to go out before Christmas whatever
- Ben is away for a couple of weeks over Christmas
*Can we streamline the release process?*
- There are four "leaf" tasks - tag, tarballs, builds and stage
- These take the time, along with assembling docs and getting the final
- This stuff is hard to delegate
- We don't ship standard builds; they have to be repackaged, installers
- Do we need to get a 1.6 start page done?
- Quarterly/monthly IRC meetings for l10n (blizzard, bart)
- What is our end goal for internationalization?
- Goal: 5 or 6 languages we ship pretty regularly, of reasonable to good
- Start incrementally
- Agreed: translations need to be in CVS; too separated from release
- chofmann to write a message to l10n newsgroup:
- 1) Tell people how to nominate bugs to drivers
- 2) Mention monthly IRC chat, hosted by chofmann
(gerv query: what time to have this? Hard to pick one which is
good for everyone, because of timezone issues)
- 3) If you have a localised version ready 1 week after 1.6, let us
know now (or then) and we'll try and get it on the CD.
- 4) There will be a string freeze after beta - it's a done deal
- 5) We want your localisation by 1 week after our planned release
date (But CD gets burned 2 days before we release)
- We need a simple post-freeze string change process - Bugzilla keyword,
post to newsgroup etc.
- It's beautiful :-)
- Adding things to sidebar: localisation yes, ports builds no
- We need a publicised website-drivers alias for website issues
- Delayed until after the holidays
- Too close to the 1.6 beta/final cycle
*Meeting on 22nd or 29th?*
- Yes to 22nd, no to 29th
- Gerv on vacation 23rd to 2nd (but probably will have email)
- blizzard on vacation from 24th to 2nd
If you need any help with docs, you know where to find me.
The alternative being having the browser pointing to a 404 page? :)
Was this question answered?
If the answer is yes, http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=224352
is a bug about it.
> - We need a publicised website-drivers alias for website issues
I'm not quite sure what the aim of this is. What's needed is for some
Mozilla people to look at some web site issues. There are plenty of
issues already in bugzilla which nobody looks at.
How is a website-drivers alias going to be used? Will everyone just email
it and say "hey, look at this bug in bugzilla"? That doesn't need an
email alias, all it needs is a couple of Mozilla people with authorisation
to change webpages to look through bugzilla.
Now, the big ticket item remaining is roadmap update.
does not look pretty when
Release Plan - OUT OF DATE, PENDING ROADMAP UPDATE
> If the answer is yes, http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=224352
> is a bug about it.
The answer is yes. Asa is co-ordinating - contact him to see what the
>>- We need a publicised website-drivers alias for website issues
> I'm not quite sure what the aim of this is. What's needed is for some
> Mozilla people to look at some web site issues. There are plenty of
> issues already in bugzilla which nobody looks at.
What this means is "there are website drivers. They need a mailing list
as a contact point." They should also, independently, be going through bugs.
Thanks for the clarification. :) Given that the minutes are an important
method of communication about these things, it wouldn't hurt for the
minutes to be a little more verbose, if that could be achieved without
delaying them too much...