Use Return YouTube Dislike addon in SeaMonkey?

Ant

Jan 13, 2023, 10:58:59 AM1/13/23
Hello,

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/return-youtube-dislikes/
Is it possible to make it work in old SeaMonkey?

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)
--
"Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves." --Romans 12:10. TGIF, da 13th, with Jason Voorhees! Oh wait... Also, I never saw his flicks. :P Will the third repaired old nest still leak this weekend? To be continued...
| |o o| |

Dirk Fieldhouse

Jan 13, 2023, 12:59:59 PM1/13/23
On 13/01/2023 15:58, Ant wrote:

> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/return-youtube-dislikes/
> Is it possible to make it work in old SeaMonkey?

How old?

Reading the docs
<https://github.com/Anarios/return-youtube-dislike/blob/main/Docs/FAQ.md>
I wondered if this would actually be useful since it just hacks up a
dislike count to replace the count that was removed by G (but I think is
still visible to the creator when logged in? -- apparently disliking a
video is harassment). You still don't get the count stored by YT.

However the User JS version of the extension seems to be
syntax-compatible with SM 2.53.15 (use the Raw link):

<https://github.com/Anarios/return-youtube-dislike/blob/main/Extensions/UserScript/Return%20Youtube%20Dislike.user.js>

You'll want a GreaseMonkey-compatible User JS manager: this seems to be
a possible link
<https://o.rthost.win/boc-uxp/greasemonkey-3.31.4-pm_sm_ia_bn.xpi>: see
<https://msfn.org/board/topic/182647-my-browser-builds-part-3/?do=findComment&comment=1212513>.

Or it should be possible to install the script using NoScript.

/df

--
London
UK

Ant

Jan 14, 2023, 10:07:56 AM1/14/23
In netscape.public.mozilla.seamonkey Dirk Fieldhouse <sur...@gmx.net.aioeremovethisandtherest.example.com> wrote:
> On 13/01/2023 15:58, Ant wrote:

> > https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/return-youtube-dislikes/
> > Is it possible to make it work in old SeaMonkey?

> How old?

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101
Firefox/68.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.14.

> Reading the docs
> <https://github.com/Anarios/return-youtube-dislike/blob/main/Docs/FAQ.md>
> I wondered if this would actually be useful since it just hacks up a
> dislike count to replace the count that was removed by G (but I think is
> still visible to the creator when logged in? -- apparently disliking a
> video is harassment). You still don't get the count stored by YT.

> However the User JS version of the extension seems to be
> syntax-compatible with SM 2.53.15 (use the Raw link):

> <https://github.com/Anarios/return-youtube-dislike/blob/main/Extensions/UserScript/Return%20Youtube%20Dislike.user.js>

> You'll want a GreaseMonkey-compatible User JS manager: this seems to be
> a possible link
> <https://o.rthost.win/boc-uxp/greasemonkey-3.31.4-pm_sm_ia_bn.xpi>: see
> <https://msfn.org/board/topic/182647-my-browser-builds-part-3/?do=findComment&comment=1212513>.

> Or it should be possible to install the script using NoScript.

That sounds complex. Wasn't there an addon converter for SeaMonkey?
--
"A new command I give you: <3 1 another. As I have <3ed U, so U must <3 1 another." --John 13:34. Fri., da 13, was slammy & unlucky with the colony & Jason Voorhee (never saw his flicks). :P Will da 3rd repaired old nest still leak this long weekend? 2 be continued...

Il Dottore

Jan 14, 2023, 1:17:42 PM1/14/23
Ant wrote:
> Hello,
>
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/return-youtube-dislikes/
> Is it possible to make it work in old SeaMonkey?
>
> Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

I don't think so, Modern Firefox extensions (Quantum) are incompatible
with "legacy" browsers (pre-Firefox 57, Palemoon, SeaMonkey, and other
forks), so unless a Legacy version of the extension was written, most
likely not

Hank Rogers

Jan 14, 2023, 2:50:39 PM1/14/23
If anyone wants to try it, the addon converter is here:

http://addonconverter.fotokraina.com/

It works for some addons, but don't get your hopes up.

Ant

Jan 14, 2023, 7:01:47 PM1/14/23
"install.rdf not found in installer". Oh well. I guess I'll have to use Firefox for it. :(
--
"A new command I give you: <3 1 another. As I have <3ed U, so U must <3 1 another." --John 13:34. Fri., da 13, was slammy & unlucky with the colony & Jason Voorhee (never saw his flicks). 3rd repaired old nest's roof is already leaking again after it. :(

Daniel65

Jan 15, 2023, 4:38:07 AM1/15/23
Ant wrote on 15/1/23 2:07 am:
> In netscape.public.mozilla.seamonkey Dirk Fieldhouse <sur...@gmx.net.aioeremovethisandtherest.example.com> wrote:
>> On 13/01/2023 15:58, Ant wrote:
>
>>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/return-youtube-dislikes/
>>> Is it possible to make it work in old SeaMonkey?
>
>> How old?
>
> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101
> Firefox/68.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.14.
>

>> Reading the docs
>> <https://github.com/Anarios/return-youtube-dislike/blob/main/Docs/FAQ.md>
>> I wondered if this would actually be useful since it just hacks up a
>> dislike count to replace the count that was removed by G (but I think is
>> still visible to the creator when logged in? -- apparently disliking a
>> video is harassment). You still don't get the count stored by YT.
>
>> However the User JS version of the extension seems to be
>> syntax-compatible with SM 2.53.15 (use the Raw link):
>
>> <https://github.com/Anarios/return-youtube-dislike/blob/main/Extensions/UserScript/Return%20Youtube%20Dislike.user.js>
>
>> You'll want a GreaseMonkey-compatible User JS manager: this seems to be
>> a possible link
>> <https://o.rthost.win/boc-uxp/greasemonkey-3.31.4-pm_sm_ia_bn.xpi>: see
>> <https://msfn.org/board/topic/182647-my-browser-builds-part-3/?do=findComment&comment=1212513>.
>
>> Or it should be possible to install the script using NoScript.
>
> That sounds complex. Wasn't there an addon converter for SeaMonkey?

Yes, there certainly was .... but a quick look through my Bookmarks has
failed to show up anything. Is it, perhaps, on the Thunderbird site??
--
Daniel