Can't reply/forward e-mail's attached *.eml?

Ant

Dec 31, 2022, 11:23:07 AM12/31/22
Hello,

I have an e-mail from NetZero address with an attached EML file. I
opened it up and wanted to reply/forward, but SeaMonkey fails to do it.
Is this feature broken or something? :(

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)
--
:) NYE! o/` ... da final countdown ... o/` "This is what the Lord says,
'Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a
| |o o| | Axe ANT from its address if shown & e-mailing privately.
\ _ / Please kindly use Ant nickname & URL/link if crediting.
( )

Paul B. Gallagher

Dec 31, 2022, 11:41:46 AM12/31/22
Ant wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have an e-mail from NetZero address with an attached EML file. I
> opened it up and wanted to reply/forward, but SeaMonkey fails to do it.
> Is this feature broken or something? :(
>
> Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

Some mail hosts refuse to accept .eml attachments on the grounds that
they may contain malware. Is the error message from SM or from your ISP?

Paul B. Gallagher

Ant

Dec 31, 2022, 12:44:50 PM12/31/22
>> I have an e-mail from NetZero address with an attached EML file. I
>> opened it up and wanted to reply/forward, but SeaMonkey fails to do
>> it. Is this feature broken or something? :(
>>
>> Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)
>
> Some mail hosts refuse to accept .eml attachments on the grounds that
> they may contain malware. Is the error message from SM or from your ISP?

It's not during sending e-mails. It's in my SeaMonkey client
(Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101
Firefox/68.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.14). No errors. Just no results. Nothing
happens.

Ant

Dec 31, 2022, 12:56:35 PM12/31/22
On 12/31/2022 9:48 AM, Ant wrote:
> On 12/31/2022 8:59 AM, NFN Smith wrote:
>> Ant wrote:
>>>
>>> I have an e-mail from NetZero address with an attached EML file. I
>>> opened it up and wanted to reply/forward, but SeaMonkey fails to do
>>> it. Is this feature broken or something? :(
>>
>> How are you interacting with the .EML file?
>>
>> I just ran a check -- I used to have a co-worker that was fond of
>> exporting messages to .EML files (and storing content in file archives).
>>
>> If you just open the file, then Seamonkey is essentially a viewer,
>> where you're viewing the content in the browser.
>
> Yes, that works but I can't reply and forward it.
>

>> If you have the ImportExportTools extension installed, then you can
>> import a .EML message, where the headers are sufficiently intact that
>> you can reply to the message.
>
> I will have to check out
> https://freeshell.de/~kaosmos/importexporttools-en.html from
> https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/seamonkey/addon/importexporttools/?src=search.

I saved my EML file and then used the addon to import it nicely. Thank
you! :)

David E. Ross

Jan 1, 2023, 12:56:25 AM1/1/23
On 12/31/2022 8:23 AM, Ant wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have an e-mail from NetZero address with an attached EML file. I
> opened it up and wanted to reply/forward, but SeaMonkey fails to do it.
> Is this feature broken or something? :(
>
> Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

Windows 7
Thunderbird 52.9.1

I just tried a test on Thunderbird that you might try with SeaMonkey.

1. I sent an E-mail message from my primary E-mail account to my backup
account.

2. After receiving the message in my backup account, I selected it
without opening it and then selected [File > Save > File] to create an
.eml file.

3. I opened my primary account and opened Inbox.

4. I dragged the .eml file and dropped it into the Inbox message pane.

The result was that the message in the .eml file appeared as a regular
message that I could forward or reply. With both forwarding and
replying, I was able to alter the original message as well as provide
new text.

In your case, you need to Detach or Save As the attached .eml file
before dragging and dropping it.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Beyond Meat and other such vegetarian meat substitutes
represent the ultimate in ultra-processed foods. Real
meat is natural. Beyond Meat is definitely not.