2003-07-28 - Summary of mozilla.org staff meeting

Gervase Markham

Aug 21, 2003, 6:59:27 PM8/21/03
to st...@mozilla.org
[This was prepared before I went away, but not posted.]

2003-07-28 - Summary of mozilla.org staff meeting

Present: mitchell, seth, marcia, dawn, blizzard, gerv, myk, leaf.

*Foundation update*

- The first $1,000,000 has arrived from AOL. :-)
- bart has started marketing thing - enormous amount of activity

*1.5 beta update*

- getting close
- freezes next week
- Drivers will be going through nominations this week

*Mozilla Firebird 0.6.1 update*

- ready to go
- based on the 1.5a branch with a few Mozilla Firebird-specific fixes
- good testing from the Mozillazine regulars
- haven't discovered anything horrible in the 1.5a release that would
block 0.6.1.

*Thunderbird 0.1 update*

- It's out.

*User-friendly 1.4 builds (1.4.1)*

- Could do a version of 1.4 more suited to end users
- Seems to make sense
- Need to talk to Asa etc. to make final decision
- Add the spell-checker, for example
- Someone needs to drive this (not Gerv - away for 3 weeks)

*New about:mozilla*

- Going with Neil Deakin's one
http://www.xulplanet.com/ndeakin/arts/mozilla715.html

- Should we have a board meeting at Burning Man? :-)

Thomas Ditmars

Aug 24, 2003, 1:23:58 PM8/24/03
On 21 Aug 03 18:59, Gervase Markham wrote:

> [This was prepared before I went away, but not posted.]

That's okay. Even though we already know most of this, it's still appreciated. ;)

> - Should we have a board meeting at Burning Man? :-)

That should be something to write home about. :-P
--
/TD
zar...@zarggg.net