SeaMonkey v2.53.14!

Ant

Sep 29, 2022, 1:38:28 AM9/29/22
6:23PM [Bender(~Bender@0::1)] ::seamonkeyblog:: SeaMonkey 2.53.14 is now
out! @
https://blog.seamonkey-project.org/2022/09/29/seamonkey-2-53-14-is-now-out/
(by ewong)
--
Hump day was slammier than usual. Dang side effects (fever up to 102F overnight, aches, ringing head, dizziness, lightheaded, unable to sleep, hot, sweating, etc.) from Mon's updated/bivalent (Moderna) COVID19 booster. :(
| |o o| |
\ _ /
( )

David H Durgee

Sep 29, 2022, 1:06:37 PM9/29/22
Ant wrote:
> 6:23PM [Bender(~Bender@0::1)] ::seamonkeyblog:: SeaMonkey 2.53.14 is now
> out! @
> https://blog.seamonkey-project.org/2022/09/29/seamonkey-2-53-14-is-now-out/
> (by ewong)

Just updated from Ubuntuzilla. Appears to be working fine.

Dave

Gerry Hickman

Sep 29, 2022, 3:19:22 PM9/29/22
Ant wrote:
> 6:23PM [Bender(~Bender@0::1)] ::seamonkeyblog:: SeaMonkey 2.53.14 is now
> out! @
> https://blog.seamonkey-project.org/2022/09/29/seamonkey-2-53-14-is-now-out/
> (by ewong)

Autoupdate just ran, and everything looks good on Rocky 9.x

David E. Ross

Sep 29, 2022, 4:34:21 PM9/29/22
On 9/28/2022 10:38 PM, Ant wrote:
> 6:23PM [Bender(~Bender@0::1)] ::seamonkeyblog:: SeaMonkey 2.53.14 is now
> out! @
> https://blog.seamonkey-project.org/2022/09/29/seamonkey-2-53-14-is-now-out/
> (by ewong)

Is there a version of AdBlock Plus that works with this?

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Donald Trump demands that he be declared the winner of
the 2020 presidential election. Otherwise, he demands
that the election be rerun immediately.

What has he been smoking?

Steve Wendt

Sep 29, 2022, 4:45:34 PM9/29/22
On 9/29/2022 1:34 PM, David E. Ross wrote:

> Is there a version of AdBlock Plus that works with this?

Why would you think that would change from 2.53.13?

Paul B. Gallagher

Sep 29, 2022, 5:16:52 PM9/29/22
David E. Ross wrote:

> On 9/28/2022 10:38 PM, Ant wrote:
>> 6:23PM [Bender(~Bender@0::1)] ::seamonkeyblog:: SeaMonkey 2.53.14 is now
>> out! @
>> https://blog.seamonkey-project.org/2022/09/29/seamonkey-2-53-14-is-now-out/
>> (by ewong)
>>

> Is there a version of AdBlock Plus that works with this?

Why not just switch to uBlockOrigin, as recommended over a year ago?

Paul B. Gallagher

David E. Ross

Sep 29, 2022, 6:52:14 PM9/29/22
On 9/29/2022 2:16 PM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
> David E. Ross wrote:
>
>> On 9/28/2022 10:38 PM, Ant wrote:
>>> 6:23PM [Bender(~Bender@0::1)] ::seamonkeyblog:: SeaMonkey 2.53.14 is now
>>> out! @
>>> https://blog.seamonkey-project.org/2022/09/29/seamonkey-2-53-14-is-now-out/
>>> (by ewong)
>>>

>> Is there a version of AdBlock Plus that works with this?
>
> Why not just switch to uBlockOrigin, as recommended over a year ago?

I created my own list of sites to block in AdBlock Plus and do not use
any subscriptions to such lists. I tried setting up uBlockOrigin in
SeaMonkey 2.53.13, but I could not understand how to set it up with the
my same list of sites to block. Thus, I reverted to SeaMonkey 2.53.12,
where I still use AdBlock Plus.

Steve Wendt

Sep 29, 2022, 7:28:23 PM9/29/22
On 9/29/2022 3:52 PM, David E. Ross wrote:

> I created my own list of sites to block

You could stuff them in your hosts file; then it would work for any
browser/app/network call.

Rufus

Sep 29, 2022, 8:58:19 PM9/29/22
Ant wrote:
> 6:23PM [Bender(~Bender@0::1)] ::seamonkeyblog:: SeaMonkey 2.53.14 is now
> out! @
> https://blog.seamonkey-project.org/2022/09/29/seamonkey-2-53-14-is-now-out/
> (by ewong)

Still all of the same graphics/presentation issues I've been seeing in
previous versions...which are not problems when visiting the same sites
with Firefox.

--
- Rufus

Steve Wendt

Sep 29, 2022, 10:16:19 PM9/29/22
On 9/29/2022 5:58 PM, Rufus wrote:

> Still all of the same graphics/presentation issues I've been seeing in
> previous versions...which are not problems when visiting the same sites
> with Firefox.

Did any one ever claim this version would bring parity with current
Firefox? Surely the minor version bump wouldn't suggest it...

David E. Ross

Sep 30, 2022, 12:16:47 AM9/30/22
I have three profiles, all of which have the AdBlock Plus extension.
Two of them have the same list of blocked sites, but the third one needs
a different set. On the other hand, the hosts file is global; that is,
I cannot make it profile-specific.

Followup-To set for alt.comp.software.seamonkey

FC

Sep 30, 2022, 1:41:02 PM9/30/22
Hosts files do not take wildcards. Ad blocker lists do.

Rufus

Sep 30, 2022, 3:54:44 PM9/30/22
...I just care that it works - don't care who claims it.

I know one thing that did get fixed in the last release was the handling
of iHeart Radio...so I was expecting the issues resolved there (failure
to load/display the page, and handle audio and audio controls correctly)
might have carried over to other pages I'd been seeing te same issues
on. Not the case, all work in Firefox...and did previously.

--
- Rufus

Andrés Hamerlinck Grau

Oct 16, 2022, 11:00:43 AM10/16/22
Ant wrote:
> 6:23PM [Bender(~Bender@0::1)] ::seamonkeyblog:: SeaMonkey 2.53.14 is now
> out! @
> https://blog.seamonkey-project.org/2022/09/29/seamonkey-2-53-14-is-now-out/
> (by ewong)

SeaMonkey v2.53.14 has finally resolved a small problem with eldiario.es
( posting comments as registered user )

But login as customer of bancosantander.es has worsened

Hope this will be resolved soon.