Lost address Book

John Clemente

Oct 26, 2008, 9:26:51 AM10/26/08
I am running SeaMonkey 1.1.9 on at TP42P using RC3.

Battery went dead and system took a hard hit. The address book is now
empty and even when I add addresses they do not show up the next time I
open the book. Hard hits have occurred before but never with this result.

I have searched *.LDIF files on the partition where the rest of the
profile is stored (and other partitions as well) and there are none. The
mail survived the hit and is in good shape. I suspect that chkdsk
deleted or removed the file, but saved the remnants of it somewhere but
do not know how to find it or whether it can be repaired.

Has anyone ever worked through this problem with an address book?

Any help appreciated.

Regards,
John Clemente
Big Pine Key, FL

Trevor Hemsley

Oct 26, 2008, 10:21:33 AM10/26/08

Look for a file in
%mozilla_home\mozilla\profiles\<username>\<random>.slt\abook.mab

Sometimes chkdsk will create a directory called \found0 (or 1,2,3,4 etc) in the
root of the drive in question and move files there and rename them. Other times
it'll just delete them :-(

--
Trevor Hemsley, Brighton, UK
Trevor dot Hemsley at ntlworld dot com