Re: Sluggish FF: too much paging activity recently. Regression?

ishikawa

Oct 19, 2015, 2:13:05 AM10/19/15
to userDave, mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi,

Running firefox in safe-mode still caused too much paging activity today
(thought it could have been a one time issue due to the automatic upgrade):
I bit the bullet and "Reset Firefox" and
based on the suggestion in the following URL, I re-enabled the use of
acceleration of graphics adaptor. (Strangely, after the restart, I now see a
little bumpy repaint when I quickly scroll shown page. By "bumpy", I mean
the repaint speed is not even. I notice near the middle of the window, a
horizontal band is repainted rather slowly and so I see strange visual
effect. Not much, but still noticeable.)

>> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-uses-too-much-memory-ram

I will see if this change solves the issue.
Funny, though, I had to disable the acceleration earlier possibly due to
driver issues, but now
I have to turn it on. I wish there is some automatic enabling/disabling of
the feature based
on the driver information/user RAM amount, etc.

TIA