Latest Firefox for old Mac OS X 10.2.8 on an old PowerBook G4 (PPC)?

Ant

Sep 11, 2009, 12:28:43 AM9/11/09
Hello.

Is Mozilla's Firefox v2.0.0.20 the latest version that can run on a Mac
OS X 10.2.8 on an old PowerBook G4 (PPC)? I know Mozilla still updates
SeaMonkey v1 for this old OS. It seems like Firefox v3 doesn't work in
this old OS.

Thank you in advance. :)
--
"Oh bother", said Winnie the Pooh, "There's an ant on my foot..."
/\___/\
\ _ / Nuke ANT from e-mail address: phi...@earthlink.netANT
( ) or ANT...@zimage.com

Rebmus

Oct 27, 2009, 10:56:33 PM10/27/09
Ant wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Is Mozilla's Firefox v2.0.0.20 the latest version that can run on a Mac
> OS X 10.2.8 on an old PowerBook G4 (PPC)? I know Mozilla still updates
> SeaMonkey v1 for this old OS. It seems like Firefox v3 doesn't work in
> this old OS.
>
> Thank you in advance. :)

Late in, but yes, FF 2.0.x is the last that will run on Jaguar. SM
1.1.x is the last that will run on Jag as well.

If it is a G4, it will probably run Tiger, which you can likely find on
eBay for a reasonable price.

Lee