How do I import a CRL import Firefox under Fedora Core 3?

Bruce Keats

Feb 11, 2006, 2:00:33 PM2/11/06

I am trying to import a CRL into firefox, but I have not been able to
discover the right combination to things to get it to work. The CRLs
are in binary DER format and are called "blah.crl". I tried just
putting the file URL (e.g. file:///blah.crl) without any luck (it just
tries do save the file to disk). I tried changing the name to
"blah.der". I have tried importing PEM format as well.

The version of mozilla is: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US;
rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050922 Fedora/1.0.7-1.1.fc3 Firefox/1.0.7

What is very curious is that I am able to import the same CRLs into
firefox on windows.

Any ideas or things to try would be appreciated as I am fresh out.

Bruce Keats

Kai Engert

Feb 13, 2006, 12:25:58 AM2/13/06
to Bruce Keats
I'm surprised you/we are still able to post to this list, I assumed it's
closed? Anyway.

CRLs are usually downloaded from a web server. The web server should be
configured to deliver the CRL with Content-Type:
application/x-x509-crl

When using a file:// URL, the browser does not have information what
kind of data you are downloading, and can not automatically forward it
to the appropriate import module.

However, in Firefox you can use
edit/prefs/advanced/security/revocation/import to import your CRL file
stored on your local disk.

Kai

AltaBoyd34

Dec 2, 2011, 8:26:38 AM12/2/11