Blocking tearoff floating videos

cjsmall

Jun 19, 2020, 10:45:15 AM6/19/20
With the latest updates to Firefox, is there any way to completely block tearoff videos that float on the screen as you scroll down a page containing an embedded video?

Robert Riches

Jun 19, 2020, 10:50:29 PM6/19/20
On 2020-06-19, cjsmall <jeffer...@gmail.com> wrote:
> With the latest updates to Firefox, is there any way to completely block tearoff videos that float on the screen as you scroll down a page containing an embedded video?

There's a method that works one at a time:

1) Right-click on the video;

2) From the menu, select Inspect Element;

3) Scroll around the left-hand HTML panel until you find the
largest element that contains everything you want to nuke;

4) Click on that line of HTML;

5) In the upper-right structure of element attributes, click just
below the last attribute and add _one_ of these:

opacity:0

display:none

6) If that didn't do it, try another element in the nested HTML
tags that contain the video.

Some pages have JavaScript that resurrects ads and such, but with
many pages, the above method will give you at least temporary
peace.

HTH

--
Robert Riches