Caching the authentication header programatically.

man...@my-deja.com

Jan 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/24/00

In my Java applet, I open a new window with a new URL. I also populate
the authentication header for the new window.

The problem that I face is that the authentication header is valid for
the first request in the new page only. After I get the first page if I
chase a link on that page, the authentication header does not go across.

I suspect this is because though I did set the authentication header, I
did not cache it in the browsers memory ( that is how the browser keeps
sending the same headers to the same url ).

Could someone help in clarifying and also if its possible to cache the
authentication header in a browser.

Manav Agarwal

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.