Is it possible to place a bottom border image

Dream It

Feb 5, 2003, 7:59:17 PM2/5/03
I want to put a border on my webpage, but I don't want it down the side. I
want to place an animated fire gif at the bottom of the page and do to the
page design I cannot do it with frames.

Putting the bar at the bottom right or left is easy but the bar is not long
enough to cover the width of the page. Plus even browser is going to have a
different width.

Is it possible
to have a graphic at the bottom CENTER of the page

or
repeat the graphic for the width of the page

or
place the graphic at the bottom left corner and stretch it to the width of
the page.

I have looked at stretch sites but nothing seem to work.

Thanks for any help.
Jeith

Evertjan.

Feb 6, 2003, 5:41:16 AM2/6/03
Dream It wrote on 06 feb 2003 in comp.lang.java.javascript:
> Is it possible
> to have a graphic at the bottom CENTER of the page

===== test.html ========

body { background-image:url("/images/bottombar.jpg");
background-position:center bottom;
background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-attachment:fixed;
background-color:#bbbbbb;
}

<script language="JavaScript">
// use only if you want to accomodate different resolutions
// this script must be in the body [or body-onload]!!!

if (screen.width<805)
{document.body.style.backgroundImage='url("/images/bottombarS.jpg")'};
if (screen.width>1030)
{document.body.style.backgroundImage='url("/images/bottombarL.jpg")'};

// if you want the whole bottombar,
// just make the three jpg's very wide
// with the text/picture at the center
</script>