NN4 resize bug: are layers really this bogus? (off topic)

Christine Saunders

Sep 11, 2002, 5:29:45 PM9/11/02
Tim Auton wrote:

> "William Pakula" <spam...@die.com> wrote in message
> > Mark:
> [snip]
> > BY THE WAY: Are "The Real Bev" and "Gala" actual people or joke replies
> generated
> > by computer?!?!?
> >
> > I'm fairly computer savvy, but both their replies read like the incoherent
> ramblings
> > of escaped mental patients to me....particularly in Bev's case. It seems
> like
> > he/she is just a nutcase fruitcake or doesn't speak English as a primary
> language.
> > I literally had no idea what any of her sentences meant...the individual
> WORDS
> > appear to be English but the sentences make no sense....it's like a random
> sentence
> > generator.
>
> (off topic)
>
> Welcome to the world of web developer evangelism :)
>
> I understood all of Bev's sentences. By using proper punctuation she
> conveyed the conversational tone of her response perfectly. As to your
> response, "...." means nothing to me in that context, what's wrong with
> commas and semicolons?
>
> I suppose the 'use of correct grammar' argument is analogous to the
> 'sticking to W3C standards' argument.
>
> Tim.
Dear TIm, I would like you to now that I'm not stuped by no means I have
you now.I"ll be seventy eight the twenty of this month.I'll have you
know that not having an aducation as you have I thing I"m doing pretty
good on the computer for a starter don't you think Tim?People like you
shoulden't be were you are.Thanks for you intellgents Christine Saunders

Nigel Wade

Sep 11, 2002, 6:29:37 PM9/11/02
Dear Christine

Please check the grammar of your replys more carefully,
if you care to take the time to re-read your response, I'm sure you'll agree
that it does read very badly.

If you continue to respond with such lacking grammar,
I will not respond to any of your questions and urge others to do that same.

Your age has no bearing on this, and is most certainly NO excuse for such
poor grammar.

nige.

Mac

Sep 11, 2002, 11:46:54 PM9/11/02

Nigel Wade wrote:

Dear Old Nige (How cutsie)

I don't usually respond to this sort of nonsense but I have to say that if
Christine is indeed a real live person then you are exhibiting an unusually low
degree of human understanding. I hope that at age 78 you are able to take on
the challenges of technology in that era. There are many seniors who never had
the opportunity to gain a higher education.
BTW - your spelling leaves something to be desired - it's not "replys" It's
"replies" and the phrase "respond with such lacking grammar" is a fine example
of English as she is spoke.
I think you owe Christine an apology.

Mac

joelazar

Sep 13, 2002, 4:46:28 PM9/13/02
to Mac
Well I will get involved with some degree of trepidation.
I am a retired lawyer. I trained many in the art of writing and communicating.
I am now 80 years of age.
I write much email. I find it troublesome to make all my writing completely
and grammatically accurate.
My purpose is to communicate an idea. Rarely is the accuracy of grammar a critical
element. I will note such situations and take care to be accurate.
If the recipient understands the point intended, then there is communication.

Problems with that??

Joe L.