Tough DOM question...

DU

Mar 9, 2003, 3:27:36 PM3/9/03
Hi!

I have been working for hours on a page and I just do not see why it
does not work.

http://www10.brinkster.com/doctorunclear/BrowserBugsSection/DynamicInsertionDOMImageInPopup.html

Clicking on one of the links will open the page
PopupWindowOnlyImage.html according to defined sizes in the parameters
calling function and then will dynamically DOM-insert an image in the
body node.

The local page does not work in Mozilla 1.4alpha nor in Netscape 7.02:
no warning, no error in the javascript console. The popup is created and
loads the PopupWindowOnlyImage.html but then all of the DOM-dynamic
assignments fail. Same thing happens on brinkster.com.

The local page works flawlessly in MSIE 6 for Windows. On brinkster.com,
an "unspecified error" is reported where the calling function tries to
dynamically modify the popup document's title.

The local page works almost perfectly in Opera 7.02 for Windows: the
glitch is the interruption of the function script flow to close the
popup window and then create a new one according to calling parameters.
On brinkster.com, the page makes the application crash!

I'm sure this page does not involve scripting cross-domain.
Your time and assistance will be greatly appreciated.

DU