Problem in displaying a layer in NN 4.x

Manish

Jul 20, 2001, 4:26:15 PM7/20/01
I am trying to write to a layer. Though contents of the layer are
visible in both IE and NN (Thanx to Justin Dutoit and Martin Honnen),
I am having following problems with NN. I'll try to explain them -
(both problems are w.r.t NN 4.x only)

1) The layer is always leaving some pixels margin on the right in NN,
and is
not occupying the complete cell (as it goes inside a table cell)
changing
padding of <div > has no effect on this. Lesser the screen resolution,
more is the margin.
the div style is -
.Cbox1 {color:#000099; font-size:12px; font-family:verdana;
position:relative; padding-left:3px; padding-right:3px; padding-top:3px;
padding-bottom:3px; top:-1; left:0; height:140px; border:none;}

2) Secondly, when text is more than what can be accommodated inside the
layer high, it is getting cut, and if I do not mention layer height, it
still gets cut.
I can not specify width as it changes proportional to the screen width.

It is not feasible to put all the relevant code snippet here, the code
can be viewed at
http://technofundo.com/index.html?loc=home.html

The file containing this code is - home.html

Even after 2 days I am unable to detect the problem, can anybody help
me?
I'll be obliged.....

Regards,
- Manish

Manish

Jul 21, 2001, 4:56:22 PM7/21/01
to Manish
Solved it finally!!! :))
Had to put fixed width for the <div> as well as table. (Though I would have
ideally preferred to keep it proportinal, but ....)
Now can be displayed properly in NN (I hope all versions ;)) as well as IE.
Thanx everybody for all ur suggestions and inputs...

- Manish
http://www.technofundo.com/

Manish

Manish