Rumors Never Die: Al Gore For VP?

NYPopulist

Aug 15, 2008, 9:48:23 PM8/15/08
to Netroots for Gore
Despite Gore repeatedly shooting down any chance of being VP, here we
have this tidbit from the Nashville Post:

http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2008/08/15/is-al-gore-a-finalist-for-veep/

Vice President Gore? It has a certain ring. Most folks have assumed
that Gore is off the VP list, but he hasn’t been slotted as a
convention speaker yet, which is curious since Gore is one of the
party’s superstars and its most effective spokesperson on energy and
the environment.

Are they holding off because he’s a finalist for Veep? And I have two
pretty good sources who say Gore and Obama are actively exploring an
administration slot for Al. What better post to be sustainability czar
than vice president?

NYPopulist

Aug 15, 2008, 11:50:16 PM8/15/08
to Netroots for Gore
The above actually originates from The Prospect, which has since been
picked up by the NY Times. I still think the chances of it happening
are close to zero (if not zero), but the speculation is interesting
nonetheless:

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/08/15/gores-second-act/index.html?ref=opinion

macl...@gmail.com

Aug 16, 2008, 3:45:48 PM8/16/08
to Netroots for Gore
No, "they" are ignoring him because they don't want him near the
place; he's so much more deserving of the nomination than anyone else
there.

On Aug 15, 8:48 pm, NYPopulist <nypopul...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Despite Gore repeatedly shooting down any chance of being VP, here we
> have this tidbit from the Nashville Post:
>
> http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2008/08/15/is-al-gore-a-finalist-fo...

yardman5508

Aug 16, 2008, 7:03:53 PM8/16/08
to Netroots for Gore
I don't understand why some of us are holding out any hope for a Gore-
presence at the Convention. This is the same party that turned their
back on him after 2000. While it would be nice if somebody over there
would wake up to the realization that they have pretty much shot
themselves in the foot, I do not hold out any hope for that
occurring. This is a revolution that we, as Goretistas, have to carry
into the cities and counties of this nation. Keep the faith.