makes you wonder ...just a teeny bit? ( re: Obama's choice for VP) Read the two together for fun

Suzanne Smith

Aug 21, 2008, 1:12:54 PM8/21/08
to netroot...@googlegroups.com

Karen Wunderman

Aug 21, 2008, 3:29:35 PM8/21/08
to Suzanne Smith, netroot...@googlegroups.com

There’s a lot of discussion about this at the Gore Support Center (http://z8.invisionfree.com/Al_Gore_Support/index.php?showtopic=10027&st=0).  The conclusion most of us have come to is that, if Gore passed on the presidency, why would he take the VP position?  And he has said fairly recently that he’d only be interested in the presidency if he were to get back into politics.  Also, Obama has said that he believes the office of VP is beneath Gore.  Personally, I’m at a point where my wishful-thinking days are over.  I’m taking the man at his word from now on.  No more trying to read tea leaves.  Of course, if it happens, I’d be thrilled, although it does seem to me that it’s not worthy of his stature, but still, I’d obviously love to see him in the White House in some capacity.

We’ll know soon enough, I guess . . .

http://www.karenwunderman.com

bronte 17

Aug 22, 2008, 8:15:40 PM8/22/08
to Netroots for Gore
Energy is the Number 1 issue in many districts. And, with inflation
rising and a volatile foreign policy... American families are reeling
from the economic hits.

------------------

In the small towns and wind-swept farms of the Fourth District, it is
easy to find people like Rod Diekman. Mr. Diekman is outraged about
the particulars of the energy crunch, including the prices for fuel
and fertilizer that are battering his 3,500-acre wheat and millet farm
just north of Cheyenne Wells, and the lack of electricity-transmission
capacity that is blocking construction of a wind-turbine plant on his
property.

But like many voters, Mr. Diekman also has plenty of scorn left over
for the politicians.

“They’re all just saying what they think I want to hear,” said Mr.
Diekman, 53, standing at the door to the repair shed where he rebuilds
tractor-trailer rigs as a sideline to make ends meet."

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/22/us/politics/22energy.html?_r=1&adxnnl=1&oref=slogin&adxnnlx=1219450006-XFpKXJRRgh3aRfY6WGjDGA

bronte17