INCF/OCNS Software WG session on NetPyNE (4th April: 1600 UTC)

Ankur Sinha

Apr 1, 2022, 4:36:59 AM4/1/22
to netpyn...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

Apologies for the cross post.

Please join us for the next INCF/OCNS Software working group "dev
session" where Joe Graham will speak to us about NetPyNE:

https://ocns.github.io/SoftwareWG/2022/04/04/dev-session-joe-graham-netpyne.html

- Date: April 4, 2022, 1600 UTC (Click here[1] to see your local time).
- Location (Zoom): (login to Zoom required): https://ucl.zoom.us/j/99620419452?pwd=SkZlQnJmWWZVczNURkp2azVOZkhzUT09

Abstract:

NetPyNE is an open-source Python package to facilitate the development,
parallel simulation, analysis, and optimization of biological neuronal
networks using the NEURON simulator. The NetPyNE GUI is available from a
variety of resources: Neuroscience Gateway Portal (NSG); Open Source
Brain (OSB) ; Human Brain Project (HBP) EBRAINS; and the NIH SPARC
initiative. The NetPyNE source code is available on GitHub. More
information is available on the NetPyNE website.

During this dev session, I will give an overview of NetPyNE, go through
an interactive demo using the NetPyNE GUI, describe my personal
development workflow using virtual environments, and then go through two
big dev projects I worked on: (1) documenting code inline and online
using docstrings, Sphinx, Napoleon, and autodocsumm, and (2) separating
and standardizing analysis and plotting.

---------

The aim of these sessions is to stimulate discussion of the development
practices and tools used by different teams to improve the software we
use while also improving our knowledge of these practices and tools.
We also hope to encourage more users of these tools to contribute to
their development to ensure their longevity.

If you develop software for neuroscience, we would love to hear about
your development pipeline. Please get in touch with the Software WG
on our GitHub repository[3].

The WG is a community based group that is open to everyone at all levels
of their careers (academic or otherwise). Please introduce yourself to
the community on our channels to get involved.

[1] https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Dev+session%3A+Joe+Graham%3A+NetPyNE&iso=20220404T16&p1=1440
[2] https://github.com/OCNS/SoftwareWG/issues

--
Thanks,