MS Open Tech releases Open XML SDK as open source project

2 visualizações
Pular para a primeira mensagem não lida

Caio Proiete

não lida,
29 de jun. de 2014, 19:30:0329/06/2014
para NetPontoNews Google Groups

MS Open Tech releases Open XML SDK as open source project

Posted on June 25, 2014 by Doug Mahugh

Today we’re pleased to share some great news for the Open XML developer community: the Open XML SDK has been released as an open-source project through the MS Open Tech hub! Full source code is available under the Apache 2.0 license, in a repository onGithub, and the project will be under the stewardship of the growing .NET Foundation.

For those who aren’t familiar with the Open XML SDK, it has been available since 2007 as a free download from Microsoft, and it provides developers with a set of strongly typed classes that make it easy to read, write and manipulate the parts and content in an Open XML document such as the DOCX, XLSX or PPTX files created by Microsoft Office. We’re thrilled to have this project join the .NET Foundation, and it’s yet another great example of how Microsoft and MS Open Tech are working to bring the agility of open source to developers.

To learn more about the history of the Open XML SDK and how developers are using it, check out Brian Jones’s blog post over on the Office developer blog, and for a hands-on look at how to download the source code and build and use the SDK, see Eric White’s post on the Open XML Developer site.

I’m really looking forward to seeing the creative things that developers will do with the SDK going forward!

Doug Mahugh
Senior Technical Evangelist
Microsoft Open Technologies, Inc.

Source: