Password protected area

Stephan

Nov 6, 2006, 7:08:12 AM11/6/06
Hello,

can I create with NOF MX a password protected area, so that only the ones
who have a username and password could have a look at a special part
(gallery or so) of my site??

Thx Stephan

gotFusion.com

Nov 6, 2006, 1:42:40 PM11/6/06
.
If you want each person to have their own username/password AND you want it to be secure (not easily bypassed) you will have to write a user authentication system in the language that is supported by your web host (similar to what we have on the www.gotFusion.com web site). If you are hosted on a *nix server you can set up rudimentary password protection using .htaccess. If you are hosted on a windows server you will usually have the ability in your control panel to apply network password protection to folders. All 3 of these methods are very secure.

If you do not care how secure it is (i.e. info that you would not care if anyone sees it) you can use javascript to do this. There is a component by apollon which will automate this http://www.apollon.de/Components/Script/sp.html

If you choose the javascript option just remember that to bypass the log in all someone needs to do is turn off javascript in their web browser and all pages will be displayed

--
Mike - (a.k.a. turtle) - gotFusion Extended Support

For more helpful information visit
http://www.gotfusion.com

View the entire gotFusion tutorial list
http://www.gotfusion.com/menu/tuts_by_topic.cfm