Form Handler & MS Outlook 98

1 view

Shane Duncan

Aug 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/25/99
Our organization has recently converted to Outlook 98. We have used the form
handler component on our intranet publishing to an email address. Now with
Outlook, after completing the form, a blank addressed compose window opens
in Outlook. The form info is not included. I would appreciate your comments.

Rosanna Tafur

Aug 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/25/99
Hi
This is a known issue with using Internet Explorer to submit the form. Form
Handler uses a sendmail command which IE uses the locally installed mail client
to install. So unless you have Outlook Express installed and set to be used as
IE's mail client, a new message creation will occur.
You will most likely want to use a cgi script to do the mail handling for you -
such as FormMail at www.worldwidemart.com/scripts
- Rosanna
NetObjects Technical Support

Andrei Erochok