Re: Maximum News Feed size?

Jack (Black Pixel)

Mar 25, 2013, 5:40:11 PM3/25/13
to netnews...@googlegroups.com
There isn't a feed cap in NetNewsWire. It will download as many posts as there are within the feed, and retain posts based on the retention settings.

I wonder if you're looking at the 'Downloading | Feeds' preference? If so, that value sets the number of concurrent downloads at one time, meaning how many different feeds are downloading at the same time during an update. Lower values require less processing, so NetNewsWire will be more responsive and require fewer system resources during an update.

If I'm wrong about the setting that you're looking at, could you post a screenshot?

Jack

The NetNewsWire Support Team
@nnw_mac

On Sunday, March 24, 2013 9:47:57 PM UTC-7, het...@ucdavis.edu wrote:
Hi,

I'm new to NetNewsWire, but I have been browsing the forums for information. I'm liking the program so far; I was successfully able to load all my RSS feeds into the program and figured out how to successfully refresh the feeds the way it needs to be. (Turns out it had to be set to "Manually" refresh.)

Now, as someone who has feeds that are updated several times in an hour, I find it bothersome and inconvenient that the feed cap is set to 50. I'm not on the computer at all hours of the day to manage my feeds; I'd like to come home and browse through all the articles and stories, however many there may be. This isn't an issue of persistence, seeing as I have it set to 7 days; this has to deal with the maximum feed size.

Does anyone know how to increase Maximum Feed size? Or maybe incorporate this into the newest version?

Thanks.