Re: Forcing reload of news items and feeds

Jack (Black Pixel)

Mar 25, 2013, 6:52:03 PM3/25/13
to netnews...@googlegroups.com
You may have run into an update frequency limitation. NetNewsWire tries to be a 'good citizen' by not allowing you to update a particular server too frequently. If you run into this again, try waiting about five minutes, then refresh.

Jack

The NetNewsWire Support Team
@nnw_mac

On Sunday, March 24, 2013 2:47:30 PM UTC-7, David Foster wrote:
I operate a website which generates an Atom feed. Naturally I want to make sure that this feed renders correctly in news readers such as NetNewsWire.

Recently I had a problem where my Atom feed stopped validating and NetNewsWire got very confused when trying to render the feed. I fixed the validation problem and tried to forcefully reload the entire feed in NetNewsWire (using the Refresh contextual menuitem). However that didn't actually reload the feed's articles.

To workaround I manually unsubscribed and resubscribed to the feed, which successfully reloaded the feed and allowed me to verify that my feed's validation fix also fixed the display of articles in NetNewsWire.

It seems like there should be an easier way to forcefully reload new items or an entire feed. Is there a command somewhere I missed that does this?