alternative plan(s)

Tim Lance

Jul 14, 2013, 9:51:35 AM7/14/13
to netnews...@googlegroups.com
Still no utterances? No clues? Nothing but a watered down new version? When it first came out I, ever positive, thought the reasons for slimming the product down were hopefully due to some forthcoming wonderful sync service possibility. Nah, if so, surely we'd heard a peep by now.

I'm sure many (most? all?) of us interested in sync have tried other options. Today I see a relatively new standalone client now be able to roll in various sources, free and otherwise. I have been moderately happy with Feedly but miss a desktop client. Even if Reeder comes through I prefer something more powerful like NNW once was. This new app is ReadKit and is on the Apple Store for a paltry $5.00. I balk at buying untested but if I don't hear from some NNW folks I may have to be the test dummy. The real trouble with that is I suck at comparison reviewing and so probably won't have much to contribute here, whereas some of you have shown you are good at such.

http://readkitapp.com

tim