Re: How does NetNewsWire load favicons?

Jack (Black Pixel)

Mar 25, 2013, 6:44:12 PM3/25/13
to netnews...@googlegroups.com
The current version of NetNewsWire looks for the favicon on the site and ignores the value set by the feed. We have an enhancement request on file to prefer favicons defined within feeds.

Jack

The NetNewsWire Support Team
@nnw_mac

On Sunday, March 24, 2013 3:24:19 PM UTC-7, David Foster wrote:
I am creating an Atom (and RSS) feed and trying to get NetNewsWire to display an icon beside the feed name.

The feeds reference the favicon appropriately via these instructions:

The feeds also pass validation. Yet no icon.

However I notice that some other feeds I'm subscribed to have icons, so it must be possible somehow.

How does NetNewsWire locate the favicon for a feed?