NetNewsWire won't auto refresh, and refresh button is disabled

John Turnipseed

Jun 30, 2010, 8:39:44 AM6/30/10
to NetNewsWire-Mac
I've been using NetNewsWire for years now, and have occasionally been
seeing this problem.

Periodically I notice that NNW is not automatically refreshing the
subscriptions, and the "Refresh All Subscriptions" option under the
"News" menu is disabled, as is the toolbar "Refresh" button.

When this happens the only way to get news to refresh is to quit NNW
and relaunch it.

Usually, when it happened, on relaunch the problem would go away for a
while. Initially I thought it was related to sleeping/waking my
laptop, but now it is happening all the time. In fact, the only way to
get a refresh is to quit and relaunch NNW.

Any ideas?

-=- John

Brent Simmons

Jul 8, 2010, 6:07:08 PM7/8/10
to netnews...@googlegroups.com
Yes -- we'll have a fix for this.

-Brent

> .

KillMaster

Aug 3, 2013, 1:29:11 AM8/3/13
to netnews...@googlegroups.com, br...@ranchero.com
So WHAT IS IT???

ijustinj

Oct 4, 2013, 3:31:46 PM10/4/13
to netnews...@googlegroups.com
I have the same issue that has recently popped up. Open the Activity Window. See if you are seeing what I am seeing by looking at the attached image.
I think that this may have something to do with the issue.
NNW Activity Window.tiff

ijustinj

Oct 11, 2013, 8:17:46 AM10/11/13
to netnews...@googlegroups.com
My v3.3.2 has been having the same issue for going on 2 weeks now. we need a fix for this.