Can no longer access a page...

Ross Dillon

Jan 2, 2017, 11:39:32 PM1/2/17
to NetNewsWire-Mac
The link "https://apod.nasa.gov/apod.rss" works fine in Safari but only returns an error in NetNewsWire.  Started in Dec, still bad.

robert gerard

Jan 3, 2017, 8:10:48 AM1/3/17
to netnews...@googlegroups.com

> On Jan 2, 2017, at 11:39 PM, Ross Dillon <roscoe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The link "https://apod.nasa.gov/apod.rss" works fine in Safari but only returns an error in NetNewsWire. Started in Dec, still bad.

Hi Ross,

I am running NetNewsWire 4.0.3 and Sierra.

When I clicked on the link in your email, first Safari opened with an alert window with something about opening the link in null and then NNW opened with the feed ready to be added. When I clicked Add, it loaded and the feed works just fine.

Bob
------------
iMac, 2009, OS 10.11.6
MacBook Pro Retina, 2013, OS 10.11.6
iPhone 6, iOS 10.1.1
iPad Mini, (Wi-Fi/Cell) 2012, iOS 9.3.3
Printer: Brother HL-2270DW

Ross Dillon

Jan 4, 2017, 12:08:20 PM1/4/17
to NetNewsWire-Mac
Very odd.  I'm getting the exact opposite behavior....works only in Safari.  When I try in NNW  get the following error:

I'm running a much older version (3.3.2) but all attempts to update have failed (also included in the screen capture)

Chris Poterala

Jan 5, 2017, 4:35:15 PM1/5/17
to netnews...@googlegroups.com
The error points to SSL being the issue. It could be improperly implemented on the NASA side of things. Try adding the feed to online aggregators and see if you get the error.

If you haven't already tried it, add the feed as a new feed rather than updating your previously saved feed.

Chris

--

---