Where is NetNewsWire's data stored?

Skylamar

Sep 29, 2010, 6:31:44 PM9/29/10
to NetNewsWire-Mac
Hi. I want to backup my NetNewsWire data so I'm wondering where it's
kept on my hard drive. Is it in the Application Support folder?
Thanks.

Brent Simmons

Oct 1, 2010, 1:52:09 AM10/1/10
to netnews...@googlegroups.com
Data is stored in [your home folder]/Library/Application Support/NetNewsWire/

Your preferences are stored at Library/Preferences/com.ranchero.NetNewsWire.plist

(There's also a cache folder, but it's just a cache, not worth backing up.)

-Brent

> .

Andy Campbell

Jan 14, 2014, 5:29:32 PM1/14/14
to netnews...@googlegroups.com, br...@ranchero.com
I also need to find these locations but they do not seem to be in the locations you have specified. I am currently "locked" out by a modal dialog while NetNewsWire is in fullscreen. Basically I am in a state like the following:

1) The app is in fullscreen, but is hiding a modal dialog.

2) I can't get to the modal dialog because I can't exit fullscreen

3) I cant interact at all with the app because of the modal dialog

4) I can't seem to start without it going to fullscreen. This has survived a reinstall of the app so it must be persistent state in preferences, the OS, or somewhere else.

Right now the app is completely shut off to me. Any help is appreciated.

Andy

Jack (Black Pixel)

Jan 14, 2014, 6:52:13 PM1/14/14
to netnews...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andy,

Please email netne...@blackpixel.com for assistance with this. Be sure to note which version of NetNewsWire you are using, as well as your OS X version. If you can include a screenshot, that may be helpful, too.

Regards

Jack
NetNewsWire Support