PGM Multicast keep track of connected peers

Drew Buckley

May 10, 2017, 3:41:18 AM5/10/17
to netmq-dev
Hi,

Just starting to use NetMQ for reliable multicast over Wifi and all looking pretty good.

I can't seem to find an event where i can have a list to add or remove from people who connect and disconnect to keep track of who is in the session. eg: when other apps bind or subscribe. Each of my apps have both a publisher and subscriber socket.

Is this possible in NetMQ?

appreciate any responses. cheers.

Doron Somech

May 10, 2017, 5:17:24 AM5/10/17
to Drew Buckley, netmq-dev
I think it is not possible with PGM. Because it is a multicast you don't really know who got the message.

You can implement this yourself, also take a look at the zyre project, there is a .net port of it as well.

Drew Buckley

May 10, 2017, 5:22:36 AM5/10/17
to netmq-dev
Thanks Doron,

i'm currently using MSR.LST.NET for our Multicast and it just shows as an event who connected to the Multicast address or who just left.

Not about who received a message just who as joined to that Multicast Address and who left by disconnecting.

hope that clears it up. cheers.

Doron Somech

May 10, 2017, 6:33:41 AM5/10/17
to Drew Buckley, netmq-dev
I don't think there is a way with MS PGM.

Anyway I think you can do that with Zyre.