NetLogo HotLink Replay

Sebastian Zander

Jun 29, 2022, 2:13:47 PM6/29/22
to netlogo-users
Hello all,

first of all I want to say hello, I am new to this group and this is my first post.

I have been using NetLogo on and off with students in class for a few years now. I used to do the quantitative analysis of data with programs like Excel or tools like CSV-Plot. Now I have come across the program "NetLogo HotLink Replay" (see attachment). This is exactly what is missing in NetLogo from my point of view.

Does anyone know this program and / or know how to get this?

Thanks for any support.
Best regards from Germany
Sebastian Zander
Wilkerson and Wilensky Netlogo Hotlink-2.pdf

Wade Schuette

Jun 29, 2022, 2:22:31 PM6/29/22
to Sebastian Zander, netlogo-users
I'm not familiar with that program and it's not in the Modeling Commons or the Library under that name, but since Uri Walenski is the author of Netlogo and I'm sure his people follow this list, maybe they will tell us where to find it.
But we do know where hundreds of other netlogo programs are!
Tell us what your specific area of interest is!

Wade

Wade Schuette

Jun 29, 2022, 2:46:30 PM6/29/22
to Sebastian Zander, netlogo-users
Here's the first author's contact info.
This conference paper was 2010 and I suspect there was follow up work!

Wade

On Wed, Jun 29, 2022 at 1:13 PM 'Sebastian Zander' via netlogo-users <netlog...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

James Steiner

Jun 29, 2022, 10:56:58 PM6/29/22
to Sebastian Zander, netlogo-users
That does look like a neat way to interact with some models, sort of letting the learner s run back and forth to see where this gs happened and change things to see how it affects outcomes?

Regarding data analysis, you've also got tools like Power-BI or Tableau, and things like python and R that seem to be popular tools, too.

And, as usually happens, there is probably a free Google-verse tool like Power-BI now, too.

Wade Schuette

Jun 29, 2022, 11:22:22 PM6/29/22
to netlogo-users
On the subject of analyzing model output and big data, particularly for educating young people,
I'm not sure they use NetLogo, but the most advanced site I've found for pre-college is the Concord Consortium, in Massachusetts USA.

Their tools are freely available on their website, and their ideas are wonderful!
I just finished learning Tableau after struggling with R's visualizations, because I'm convinced that
interactive ( kinesthetic ) playing with data sets is the only way to truly grasp them!

Wade

Sebastian Zander

Jul 11, 2022, 1:47:44 PM7/11/22
to netlogo-users
thanks a lot for the tipp on the Concorde Consortium, especially on CODAP!

Sebastian Zander

Jul 11, 2022, 1:47:46 PM7/11/22
to netlogo-users
I got an answer from Michelle Hoda Wilkerson, so maybe I will be able to try out this program. Thanks for your tipps on Tableau and Power-BI. The public (free!) version on tableau seems to be quite powerful!