Puzzle with unexpected sprouting turtles

Ajay Chitnis

May 22, 2024, 5:20:08 PMMay 22
to netlog...@googlegroups.com
I am having a problem with a breed of turtles (ECMs) that were sprouted by patches at the bottom of the screen (pycor = 0), as part of the setup procedure.
ECMs continue  sprouting along the boundaries when I run the GO procedure even though there is nothing in the GO procedure that should make this happen.
The program file is attached.

The setup procedure contains this toward the end:

  if ECM? = true
[ask patches
[
if pycor = min-pycor
[ sprout 1 [set breed ECMs set color green set shape "square" set size 3] ]
]
]
The GO procedure makes no reference to any patches sprouting ECMs but when I run GO they start sprouting around the boundary???

Try the attached program with ECM? Turned off or turned on. The program without ECM cells runs fine but with ECM? On I get the green ECMs placed where I want them in setup but bizarre sprouting behavior when I run GO

.
RhoActin-test3.nlogo

Steve Railsback

May 23, 2024, 3:00:13 PMMay 23
to netlogo-users
Hi-- To me it looks like you are not sprouting more ECMs, but the initial ones are moving rightward and spreading out, so it looks like there are more.

In the Command Center, type "show count ECMs" after setup, and then again after it runs a few ticks. I always get a result of 801.

Steve R.