Netlogo matrix

Yodit Gebrealif

Oct 26, 2022, 1:14:04 PM10/26/22
to netlogo-users
Hello everyone, I would like to ask you about my issue with Netlogo. I am working on a Trust evaluation model for a social network and have an issue using a 2D matrix. the case is, each turtle gives feedback to other turtles based on the previous performance evaluation.
for example turtle 1 [2 -1] -> means that turtle 1 has feedback for turtle 2 and the feedback is -1. If we have n number of turtles, each turtle will have n dimensions matrix

turtle 1 -> [[1 -1] [2 0] [3 1] [4 0] ..... [n -1]]

this is how I am planning and I have difficulties representing this in Netlogo. would you please give me any ideas, suggestions, or any related material to read and figure out?

Stephen Guerin

Oct 26, 2022, 2:07:05 PM10/26/22
to Yodit Gebrealif, netlogo-users
Hello Yodit,

You could visualize your matrix with directed links between turtles assigning weights to the color of a link with  "scale-color". You might make positive weights scaled with "green" and negative with "red". You could also assigning thickness based on the absolute value of the weight. Depending on your model, the links can be a good additional representation for properties and behavior. Having your turtle relations also represented as a matrix opens a lot of opportunities to use the matrix operations eg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectral_graph_theory

-Stephen

--- -. .   ..-. .. ... ....   - .-- ---   ..-. .. ... ....
Stephen...@Redfish.com
1600 Lena St #D1, Santa Fe, NM 87505
office: (505) 995-0206  mobile: (505) 577-5828
tw: @redfishgroup  skype: redfishgroup
zoom.redfish.com

James Steiner

Oct 27, 2022, 12:46:38 AM10/27/22
to Yodit Gebrealif, netlogo-users
You could use a list of lists ,

You could use the table extension, that lets you use  key/value pairs

You could represent the relationship between two turtles with a directed link, where the links-own a variable that contains the feedback value.