Implementing Particle Swarm Optimization (PSO) in NetLogo

nourelislem bouras

Jun 24, 2024, 4:19:52 PM (6 days ago) Jun 24
to netlogo-users
  Dear NetLogo group members

My name is Nour, I'm very new here, and I am currently working on a PHD research project that involves applying swarm intelligence techniques to urban dynamics modeling. Specifically, I am interested in implementing Particle Swarm Optimization (PSO) within the NetLogo environment.

I want to ask if it is possible to implement PSO in NetLogo, and if so, how best to approach this. Additionally, I would greatly appreciate it if anybody can provide any examples or references to similar implementations or any guidance on how to set up such a model.

Thank you very much for your time and assistance. I look forward to your response.

jason.b...@gmail.com

Jun 24, 2024, 5:34:56 PM (6 days ago) Jun 24
to netlogo-users
As a starting point, there is an existing NetLogo model on particle swarm optimization, which you can find here or in the Sample Models/Computer Science folder of the Models Library of every NetLogo installation.