NetLogo 6.3 Graphics

Jim Larson

Oct 24, 2022, 5:49:44 PM10/24/22
to netlogo-users
The graphic rendering in NetLogo 6.3 seems much worse than in prior versions.  Lines drawn in plots are no longer smooth, and even text (e.g., in the Info tab, but everywhere really) is harder to read.  Have others experienced this, or is it something about my installation (have installed/uninstall twice)?

JIm

John Chen

Oct 24, 2022, 5:51:36 PM10/24/22
to Jim Larson, netlogo-users
What is your operation system & screen resolution & dpi settings? I suspect the issue has some relationship to those factors, if we want to reproduce and fix it. On my environments I did not encounter this.

On Mon, Oct 24, 2022 at 16:49 Jim Larson <jlar...@luc.edu> wrote:
The graphic rendering in NetLogo 6.3 seems much worse than in prior versions.  Lines drawn in plots are no longer smooth, and even text (e.g., in the Info tab, but everywhere really) is harder to read.  Have others experienced this, or is it something about my installation (have installed/uninstall twice)?

JIm

Larson, Jim

Oct 25, 2022, 5:15:59 PM10/25/22
to John Chen, netlogo-users
Thanks for the follow-up, John.   I'm running Windows 10, have a 27-in screen with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, and text is scaled at 125% (I presume the latter is what you meant by "DPI").  Just to be clear, I can run the same model under Netlogo 6.22 and then immediately afterwards under 6.3, without changing anything else, and graphics quality between the two runs is very noticeable, particularly in line plots.

Also, sorry for the double posting earlier.

Jim

James R. Larson, Jr., Ph.D.
Professor Emeritus
Department of Psychology