Re: [netlogo-users] Build of a mafia model

Message has been deleted

diego diaz

Oct 18, 2022, 1:26:32 PM10/18/22
to Carlo smussi, netlogo-users
perhaps you could try to develop some kind of rule based on prisoner's dilemma

El mar, 18 oct 2022 a la(s) 14:10, Carlo smussi (marion...@gmail.com) escribió:
I want to modify a model that already exists, in which I have camorra, mafia, cops and storeowners. So the fact is that I would like to implement a function that allow mafia and camorra to cooperate according to certain conditions, or  they can fight viceversa. How can I manage this problem?

Carlo smussi

Oct 18, 2022, 1:32:50 PM10/18/22
to netlogo-users
Prisoner's dilemma could be a solution maybe.. but kind difficult to implement for me that I'm new to netlogo

Michael Tamillow

Oct 18, 2022, 1:35:38 PM10/18/22
to Carlo smussi, netlogo-users
Yes, if you are new to Netlogo, maybe start with implementing a 'pattern' rather than a complete model. Adding all the complexities you mention does not readily yield a valuable insight in my understanding.

diego diaz

Oct 18, 2022, 1:39:12 PM10/18/22
to Michael Tamillow, Carlo smussi, netlogo-users
yes always keep it simple, nonetheless here is a model where you can search for inspiration and code

James Steiner

Oct 19, 2022, 7:36:06 AM10/19/22
to Carlo smussi, netlogo-users
It's a vague question you ask, because we don't have to enoug information about your idea, or the model in question. If, as you say, you are new to NetLogo (are you also new to programming?) an equally vague answer would be meaningless to you. If, as you say, doing a prisoners dilemma is beyond you current skills, then it hardly seems likely you'd be able to implement what you describe.

So, the best answer to your question "How do I do I modify this NetLogo model?" Is...

"Click on the code tab, then modify the model"

Or

"Learn enough NetLogo that you understand how to modify the model"

That's not sarcasm. If you have a current model,  and you want help to extend it, then you have to do the work to understand NetLogo and understand the model, at least enough to make the modifications.

Then, you can ask a specific question about extending the model, but that questions needs also to tell us enough
about that model, so we understand it enough to help you.

For example, what is the existing model?  What are the "rules" of th model? how are the different agents coded? In the model, What is a camorra? What is a mafia? What is a store owner? What is a cop? How do they interact now?  Do the agents move? How do they choose which other agents to interact with? What does "cooperate" mean in this model? What does "fight" mean? What are the consequences of fight or cooperate?

Hope this helps,

James