Status of Hubnet over wlan and / or web-based clients

Wade Schuette

Oct 26, 2020, 1:17:05 PM10/26/20
to netlogo-devel

Hello. Is there a place I can read about plans to make Hubnet work in a supported way on the wide-area web?    I realize it's not currently supported outside a LAN and heard that there is some thinking underway about making web-netlogo work as a client (?) which would be great.

Meanwhile I tried running the Hubnet client on a windows 2016 server in a rented site and when I tried to launch the server,  it claims it will broadcast its existence but, unlike run locally,  no pull-down menu choice is shown and I think it doesn't do something because my remote clients can't see it -- although "netstat -a -n" shows that port 9173 is up and listening.

If anyone recognizes that issue and there's a fix or workaround I'd appreciate it. Otherwise have a nice day and I guess I'll have to use different software for my class for now.  It's a great product and I appreciate your work in making it more widely available especially with Covid-9 shutting down local classrooms.

Wade