Problem: NetLogo web models with links not working after Jan 20th update.

Irene Lee

Feb 8, 2021, 2:25:02 PM2/8/21
to netlogo-devel

Hello NetLogo devs.
I am finding that NetLogo Web models that use links stopped working after the last update.  (Jan 20th)  Has this been reported?  Any idea on when it can be fixed?
Please let me know if there is another place I should post this message / request.
--Irene

Jeremy Baker

Feb 8, 2021, 2:28:42 PM2/8/21
to Irene Lee, netlogo-devel
Hey Irine,

That's the first I've heard of this issue.  I checked a few models that use links out in the library and they worked okay.  Did you have a specific model that isn't working you can link to?

-Jeremy

Feb 8, 2021, 2:29:01 PM2/8/21
to netlogo-devel
Here's a model that is now broken:  http://netlogoweb.org/web?https://scienceplusc.org/wp-content/uploads/netlogo/chemistry/redox_starter.nlogo
Here's the error message:  agentSetOrList is not defined

Irene Lee
Director, Project GUTS
Research Scientist, MIT Scheller Teacher Education Program / Education Arcade
Distinguished Scholar, Education Development Center

Irene Lee

Feb 8, 2021, 2:32:26 PM2/8/21
to Jeremy Baker, netlogo-devel
Hi Jeremy,
Here is a model that stopped working:
Here's a model that is now broken:  http://netlogoweb.org/web?https://scienceplusc.org/wp-content/uploads/netlogo/chemistry/redox_starter.nlogo
Here's the error message:  agentSetOrList is not defined

Jeremy Baker

Feb 8, 2021, 2:42:21 PM2/8/21
to Irene Lee, netlogo-devel
Gotcha, that's very helpful.  I'll take a look and let you know what I find.

-Jeremy

Feb 8, 2021, 2:44:13 PM2/8/21
to Jeremy Baker, netlogo-devel
Thank you, Jeremy.  We have teacher prof dev tonight starting at 4:45pm EST so it would be good to know what to tell teachers.
--Irene

John Chen

Feb 8, 2021, 2:50:28 PM2/8/21
to Irene Lee, Jeremy Baker, netlogo-devel
I can confirm that this model works on my fork of NetLogo Web, which has not been updated to the latest versions for two months or so. Older versions of NetLogo Web should work.

image.png

Irene Lee <irenea...@gmail.com> 于2021年2月8日周一 下午1:44写道:

John Chen

Feb 8, 2021, 2:53:15 PM2/8/21
to Irene Lee, Jeremy Baker, netlogo-devel
I think this is an issue caused by the v2.8.2 update. My fork is still based on v2.8.1.

John Chen <yuehanc...@u.northwestern.edu> 于2021年2月8日周一 下午1:50写道:

Jeremy Baker

Feb 8, 2021, 2:54:37 PM2/8/21
to Irene Lee, netlogo-devel
Hey Irene,

I think I've located the root cause.  I believe we can have a fix released before 4:45pm EST, but I'll keep you updated if not.

-Jeremy