Store new breed instance in global variable

Stan van der Bend

Mar 25, 2021, 3:44:54 PM3/25/21
to netlogo-devel
Hi, I am looking to sprout a new breed at some patch. I then want to be able to reference this instance through a global variable.

How I am currently doing it is as follows and I have a feeling this can be done better:
`
ask patch  3  1 [sprout-lights 1 [set color red]]           ; east straight light
set east-straight-light one-of lights at-points [[3 1]]  ;*
`

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers!

jeremy...@northwestern.edu

Mar 25, 2021, 3:48:58 PM3/25/21
to netlogo-devel
Stan,

Thanks for your interest in NetLogo.  This advanced, specialized NetLogo developers group is only for discussion of development work using NetLogo internals, such as creating new NetLogo extensions, improving the NetLogo application, or using NetLogo from other programs through its controlling APIs.

Please use the NetLogo users group for questions on making NetLogo models or using the NetLogo language and software.

-Jeremy
This conversation is locked