Run-time error details

St...@LangRailsback.com

Jun 23, 2021, 3:20:02 PM6/23/21
to netlogo-devel

Is it me, or does NetLogo 6.2 provide less help with run-time errors than previous versions did? It seems like I often now get errors without NetLogo telling me where they occurred.

Thanks,

Steve Railsback

Jeremy Baker

Jun 23, 2021, 3:36:59 PM6/23/21
to St...@LangRailsback.com, netlogo-devel
Hey Steve,

Is this issue the behavior you're seeing, not jumping to the location in code on a runtime error?  https://github.com/NetLogo/NetLogo/issues/1917

If so, that is fixed and will be a part of the next NetLogo release.

There was also a fix for argument type mismatch exceptions not generating stack traces, but I don't believe that was a regression in 6.2.0; I think it was an older bug.

Let me know if neither of those sound like the problem you're seeing.  Thanks.

-Jeremy

Is it me, or does NetLogo 6.2 provide less help with run-time errors than previous versions did? It seems like I often now get errors without NetLogo telling me where they occurred.

Thanks,

Steve Railsback

Steve Railsback

Jun 23, 2021, 5:04:06 PM6/23/21
to netlog...@googlegroups.com
On 6/23/2021 12:36 PM, Jeremy Baker wrote:

> Is this issue the behavior you're seeing, not jumping to the location in
> code on a runtime error? https://github.com/NetLogo/NetLogo/issues/1917
> <https://github.com/NetLogo/NetLogo/issues/1917>
>
> If so, that is fixed and will be a part of the next NetLogo release.

Exactly it; thank you!

Steve

--
Steve Railsback