Edit code editor styling

Stan van der Bend

Mar 21, 2021, 4:06:13 PM3/21/21
to netlogo-devel
Hello, is it possible to modify the styling of the code-editor, e.g. through css?
I work a lot at night times and the whiteness of the UI messes with my eyes.

John Chen

Mar 21, 2021, 4:08:03 PM3/21/21
to Stan van der Bend, netlogo-devel
If you are using NetLogo Web, it is configurable.

John Chen

Stan van der Bend <stanv...@gmail.com> 于2021年3月21日周日 下午3:06写道:
Hello, is it possible to modify the styling of the code-editor, e.g. through css?
I work a lot at night times and the whiteness of the UI messes with my eyes.

Stan van der Bend

Mar 21, 2021, 4:21:47 PM3/21/21
to netlogo-devel
Thanks for the quick response. Does this require me to clone this repository: https://github.com/NetLogo/Galapagos and edit the style file from there. Or can I simply modify the stylesheet without having to build the application myself? If I do have to build it myself, could you point me to some resources on how to set it up (I could not find any clear instructions in the readme or wiki pages of the netlogo repo.. I am not familiar with scala nor groovy (though I am familiar with Java/Gradle/Maven/Kotlin).

Thanks again.

John Chen

Mar 21, 2021, 4:23:46 PM3/21/21
to Stan van der Bend, netlogo-devel
The easiest thing could be to export a standalone NetLogo Web page and modify the stylesheet there.

The NLW editor is based on CodeMirror 5, and you can override the stylesheet to achieve what you want.

Stan van der Bend <stanv...@gmail.com> 于2021年3月21日周日 下午3:21写道:

Stan van der Bend

Mar 21, 2021, 4:26:34 PM3/21/21
to netlogo-devel

Ah that makes total sense! Thank you sir :)

Would be nice if the community could share themes with others. I am definitely going to make a beautiful one. But I might make a new conversation for that when I am done.

John Chen

Mar 21, 2021, 5:16:07 PM3/21/21
to Stan van der Bend, netlogo-devel
Love your idea!