Mathematica Link and 6.3.0

chris

May 26, 2023, 3:36:13 PM5/26/23
to netlogo-devel
This is a relatively trivial question about using Mathematica to drive NetLogo 6.3.0. It's also not hugely urgent for me, but it would be better if it worked.

When I give what I think is the valid address "/Applications/Netlogo 6.3.0/" as an argument to NLStart[] in Mathematica, I get the message, "Mathematica could not find your NetLogo installation directory in: /Applications/Netlogo 6.3.0/. Would you like to locate it?" My locating it doesn't help. (The same thing occurs when I leave of the final forward slash.)

Doing the same thing with 6.2.0 works. That's the reason that this is not urgent for me, but it also seems to indicate that there's something wrong with NetLogo 6.3.0's ability to connect to Mathematica.

I tried reinstalling the NetLogo.m file, but that didn't help. It also doesn't work if I first set $NLHome and then call $NLStart[] with no argument. Ideas?

(In addition, the Mathematica tutorial sent with 6.3.0 lists the directly as 6.2.0. That's a simple fix for the next version's rollout.)

Chris

Michael Kerckhove

Jun 5, 2024, 6:08:05 PMJun 5
to netlogo-devel
I am having the same difficulty using Mathematica Link in NetLogo 6.4.0.  When I give what I think is the valid address "/Applications/Netlogo 6.4.0/" as an argument to NLStart[] in Mathematica, I get the message
NLStart::netlogonotfound: NetLogo could not be found in: /Applications/NetLogo 6.4.0/

Any advice?
Thanks, Mike