NetLdn9

NetLdn

Dec 2, 2019, 3:11:01 PM12/2/19
to NetLdn
Hi All,

NetLdn8 has been and gone and it was another great success! Thank you to everyone that attended or helped in some way, we hope that you enjoyed it. We also look forward to seeing you again at future meetups. If you couldn't make it, don't worry, we meet on the 2nd Thursday of every month.

== NetLdn9 ==

Registration for NetLdn9 is now open: https://www.meetup.com/NetLdn/

NetLdn9 will be on Thursday the 12th of December 2019, at our usual location, upstairs at The Wheatsheaf pub in Fitzrovia:

The Wheatsheaf,
25 Rathbone Place,
Fitzrovia,
W1T 1JB
https://www.thewheatsheaffitzrovia.co.uk

NetLdn9 WILL START AT THE EARLIER TIME OF 6.30PM!

This time we have only one great talk lined up for NetLdn9. For the 2nd half of the evening we have some festive fun lined up for you:

1st half of the evening: EMF Camp 2018's Network

David will be talking about the network at EMF Camp 2018 and a little bit about what you can expect at EMF Camp 2020 and how to get involved.

Presenter: David Croft

2nd half of the evening: ‘Tis The Season…

During the day on Thursday the 12th of December the UK IPv6 Council annual meeting will be held just across from the NetLdn venue (approximately a 1-2 minute walk) at Facebook from 10.00am until 5.00pm. After this event has concluded (we highly recommend attending it, https://www.ipv6.org.uk/2019/09/06/ipv6-council-annual-meeting-2019/) attendees will be heading over the road to NetLdn/The Wheatsheaf to watch the NetLdn presentation and then join in with a festive drink and discussion afterwards.

In addition to the annual meeting of the UK IPv6 Council meeting during the daytime, the LONAP Christmas party a.k.a Trefbash is also on during the evening of Thursday the 12th of December (https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/trefbash10-a-decade-of-christmas-bashes-tickets-73345613705). This is approximately a 10-minute walk from The Wheatsheaf. It’s free to attend but spaces are limited so attendance is by invite only. The LONAP/Trefbash guys have kindly offered to put all NetLdn9 attendees on the registration list so after a day of IPv6 talks, an excellent EMF Camp talk at NetLnd9, you can either stay in The Wheatsheaf and talk about Christmas tree shaped networks and relax, or head over to Trefbash and party the night away.

The NetLdn talk will begin at 6.30pm sharp so please turn up from 6.00pm onward to ensure a prompt start for the evening.

* If you're attending NetLdn please note that the venue is a pub which serves alcohol. There is no expectation that you must drink alcohol, non-alcoholic drinks are also available. If you're under 18 please let us know, we will need to inform the landlord. If you're crazy enough to drive in London, please drink responsibly. We're hoping you're a thirsty bunch so we can get the venue hire fee waived; for this reason, we ask that you don't bring your own drink to the venue.

== UKNOF45 ==

UKNOF45 is on Wednesday 15th of January.
- Would you like to attend UKNOF but are having funding problems?
- Would you like to attend but don’t know anyone there?

Please contact us using any of the contact details below. We can help you with attendance if you are struggling with ticket funding, and you also don’t need to go alone, several NetLdn organisers will be attending and we’re happy to show you around and make introductions for you.

== Registration via MeetUp / EventBrite ==

This is an advanced warning that starting with NetLdn10 in January 2020, we’ll be switching from MeetUp as our meeting registration tool, probably to EventBrite We’re sorry for the inconvenience however, MeetUp are increasing their prices.

== Participating and Contact ==

If you want to submit a talk for a future meet-up, any areas of networking and any skill level are welcome. Please submit an RFP via the NetLdn website: https://netldn.uk/contact/

If you want to contact the NetLdn team about any issues, concerns or queries please do;
Email: he...@netldn.uk
Twitter: @netldn
Slack: netldn.slack.com

Many thanks and we hope to see you all soon,
The NetLdn Team.