Allowing From all aliasses possible?

Jelle Langbroek

Feb 17, 2015, 1:47:24 PM2/17/15
to neths...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

My users are able to send From any mailaddress/domain they want. They can setup another From address (alias) in an email-client and send mail with that. Is this normal behaviour for a default Nethserver install? How can I prevent users from doing this?

Thanks.

Best,
Jelle

Filippo Carletti

Feb 17, 2015, 5:35:14 PM2/17/15
to Jelle Langbroek, neths...@googlegroups.com
A "free" mail From address is the default behavior. I've experimented
with reject_authenticated_sender_login_mismatch, but I still don't
have a prototype ready for testing.
I'm not sure to make reject... the default, what do you think?
> --

Ciao,
Filippo

Jelle Langbroek

Feb 17, 2015, 5:53:20 PM2/17/15
to neths...@googlegroups.com
I really think reject should be the default behaviour. When multiple users use the mailserver, it's a matter of time until antispam services pickup your IP address and you'll be blocklisted because your mailserver is being abused with fake accounts.

I think the admin should be 'in control' and assign email addresses / aliasses to the users that they can use.