HTTP / HTTPS Proxy

warren midgley

Feb 17, 2015, 9:35:16 AM2/17/15
to neths...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Can you configure the HTTP/HTTPS proxy on a NethServer with only one network interface or do you need both a LAN and WAN interface for this to work?
Sorry if this is a daft question, I am new to NethServer.

Keep you the excellent work!

Warren

Filippo Carletti

Feb 17, 2015, 9:45:54 AM2/17/15
to warren midgley, neths...@googlegroups.com
AFAIK, the proxy should work even with only one LAN interface, but I'm
not sure it has been thoroughly tested.
Client browsers should auto-configure with wpad.
I need some time to test it, if you succeed before me, please share
your findings. :-)
> --

Ciao,
Filippo

warren midgley

Feb 18, 2015, 4:01:21 AM2/18/15
to neths...@googlegroups.com, warren....@gmail.com
Thanks for the reply Filippo.

I will test and let you know how I get on.
Can the SSL proxy be setup without WPAD? - (I am not sure if manual and authenticated configuration is only for HTTP).

Thanks again,
Warren

Filippo Carletti

Feb 18, 2015, 5:26:35 AM2/18/15
to warren midgley, neths...@googlegroups.com
> Can the SSL proxy be setup without WPAD? - (I am not sure if manual and
> authenticated configuration is only for HTTP).

Manual or authenticated are for both http and https.
wpad should auto-configure both (I did a quick test, my browser
auto-configured using wpad, but the proxy is my default gateway).

--
Ciao,
Filippo

warren midgley

Feb 18, 2015, 7:44:28 AM2/18/15
to neths...@googlegroups.com, warren....@gmail.com
This is amazing!!!

So where are the category lists maintained?  Can you download additional blacklists or provide blacklist URLs, for example www.shallalist.de/Downloads/shallalist.tar.gz or squidguard.mesd.k12.or.us/blacklists.tgz?

Sorry for all the questions.

What is the best way I can support NethServer?
Do you have a method people can use to donate money?

Thanks again,
Warren

Filippo Carletti

Feb 18, 2015, 9:08:25 AM2/18/15
to warren midgley, neths...@googlegroups.com
> So where are the category lists maintained? Can you download additional
> blacklists or provide blacklist URLs, for example
> www.shallalist.de/Downloads/shallalist.tar.gz or
> squidguard.mesd.k12.or.us/blacklists.tgz?

See the Blacklist tab of the web filter page, you have the option to
select one of the 3 most common blacklist or define your preferred
url.

> Sorry for all the questions.

You're welcome.

> What is the best way I can support NethServer?
> Do you have a method people can use to donate money?

We still do not have a method for donations, but everything you do
will "support" NethServer: testing new features, enhancing
documentation, translating web pages, blogging about NethServer, etc.

--
Ciao,
Filippo