YouTube video published

C. Cossé

Apr 14, 2018, 10:26:07 PM4/14/18
to netdis...@googlegroups.com
https://youtu.be/ilB1-8svCag (Updated 4/16/2018)

It's not the final cut but it's something.  Something like "take 9,273,412" ... A few hiccups.  The script is the same wording as the updated github page.

Feedback is definitely welcome.  Project needs a FAQ too, to fill-in all the stuff not covered in 4 minutes of yapping.

A subsequent version will have my face largely replaced by screenshots and sub-clips demonstrating things.

This is a usable audio track, I think, with couple hiccups that need overdubbing.

David Bucknell

Apr 15, 2018, 2:16:42 AM4/15/18
to NetDispenser
Excellent, Charlie!  You're getting clearer and clearer with each try at explaining it. It seems to me that it's time for one of our video editing friends to create some graphics or animations that can be inserted to help explain what you are saying with pictures and diagrams.

Beautiful to see you bringing it to life.

David

On Sat, Apr 14, 2018 at 4:26 PM, C. Cossé <cco...@gmail.com> wrote:

David M. Bucknell
91-173 Ewa Beach Rd., Ewa Beach, HI 96706

C. Cossé

Apr 16, 2018, 4:20:25 AM4/16/18
to NetDispenser
Hi David,

Was waiting to reply until an updated version was ready, which it is now: https://youtu.be/ilB1-8svCag

There are a few minor changes to the audio track, but mostly replaced sections of video with diagrams and screenshots.

We might be getting somewhere with FSF support in the form of a campaign.  The last thing they said was "no", but they didn't quite understand it all and I think they're still going to listen to one more appeal from me, this time a video appeal.  It might still be confusing ... I'll have to step back from it for a couple days before re-watching to really appreciate the gaps that still exist.

Do you have some "video editing friends" in Hawaii?

Charlie

David Bucknell

Apr 18, 2018, 4:27:51 PM4/18/18
to NetDispenser
I love it, Charles.
You've really improved the video with the text screens while you're explaining. It's getting better and better.
Thoughts:
1. Would it be possible to break the concept into separate videos? I realize that the credit system is intrinsic to the concept, but it's more complex. It is also, ugly as it might be, that people would just want the "block until my child has handed in his or her homework" option.
I would see this as a first step which would prepare people to accept the credit-meter concept more easily.  Just thinking aloud.
2. I forgot the second thought.  Alas.
2a. Oh, yeah.
2b. Nope, not yet.
2c. Now, I remember. Just an idea that you must have already foreseen, but I think that the presentation on the credit meter might mention that you are not just solving a problem for parents, but for free software users in general who need a way to participate in and support the community from which they benefit.  Schools, not just individual students and faculty members benefit from free software all the time (and could do so more if they developed a "clue" about the world we live in), and, of course, corporations, and governments.  Your system gives the user a whole new useful and important role in the ecosystem.  IMHO.

David

kirby urner

Apr 25, 2018, 5:51:51 PM4/25/18
to NetDispenser

I've started tweeting about this Youtube.

​Example:

​(I have a personal and company account).​

A strong write-up on Medium might make sense.

I'm probably more in a position to allude (link) rather than to define in detail.

Today I posted two essays, this one focused on bridging high school and code school maths:

That's not directly relevant to Netdispenser although I could see game-writing developers wanting to build some activities in the Bird Feeder area (did I get that right?).

Kirby