games on Kickstart

kirby urner

May 5, 2018, 3:27:59 AM5/5/18
to NetDispenser
Example:

There's a lot of precedent for patrons backing gamers to write what they consider the best of breed.  Different families have different tastes of course.

NetDispenser puts the paywall closer to home, in the router, with the whole internet behind it, except for this well designed garden of instructive activities.

Makes sense we'd train ourselves to earn the credits to go out on the Wild Web.  Like getting a driver's license or scuba license.  Unless you've developed some disciplines, you're likely to fall victim to any number of pitfall addictions (wastes of time).

Now of course as kids grow older, they may grow restless with some of the choices.  However Netdispenser is the technology more than the specific content of any particular Bird Feeder.

Kirby

C. Cossé

May 5, 2018, 12:07:37 PM5/5/18
to NetDispenser
That's the idea alright ... it's actually a bit painful for me to view the link you posted as I've go several games in development which I've put on hold while trying to get the fledgeling ND off-the-ground.  But I'm happy to report that there have been new developments this past week ... as I mentioned in a private email I "reached out" to PIQE (http://www.piqe.org) here in California, as they are all about parental involvement in kids' educations.  I have yet to connect with the particular person I need to connect with, but conversations so-far with the person I have talked with a few times now are encouraging. I can't think of any reason they would/should/could be otherwise, but you never know how it'll go until you make that fateful first phone call.

Anyway, soon after my initial calls to the PIQE program I received an email from Linux Foundation.  I was cautiously thrilled for their acknowledgement, but unsure how it had come about; was it FSF/E, PIQE, PyCon? It turns out that I had sent them an email 2 months ago and they were responding to that.  In a subsequent email I told them that we're intending to work with PIQE, to which they responded that  "The Linux Foundation could offer complimentary training courses to their members. We would be working with PIQE as a Diversity / Inclusion partnership."

Here is the complete list of 3 things Linux Foundation can offer our project:

We can add your organization as a partner of the LF diversity program: https://www.linuxfoundation.org/about/diversity-inclusiveness/programs/

We can offer:
  • Logo on the website
  • The Linux Foundation could offer complimentary training courses to their members. We will be working with PIQE as a Diversity / Inclusion partnership.
  • Complimentary passes to LF events (Open Source Summit NA (you already provided) & Open Source Summit Europe/ELC EU)
I sent them that ND logo with the little router tower ... hopefully it'll show up on the above link soon.   It's a small step in the right direction.

Let me continue this on another dedicated post ... I've got an update on an FSF campaign to mention, as well.

Cheers Kirby!